Morley had the opportunity to attend a 2 day fly fishing school this week. It was the annual conclave in Longmont, CO for the FFF (Federation of Fly Fishers). They left at 5:30 Tuesday morning for an 8 a.m. class. Morley was pretty excited to attend, but I think Matt may have been more excited for him. He remembers attending a similar event with his dad when he was Morley's age. Matt gave Morley his own fly rod and reel for his 8th birthday and fishes whenever he can.
watching fly tying instruction
waiting to tie is own flies
in the field class
tough guy
more outdoor class and practice
They were gone for 2 days and stayed with our friends in Firestone, CO. They had a lot of fun together and Morley scored an awesome shirt and hat. I think I was finally able to peel the shirt off of him on Friday. EW! I love that he loves the outdoors and enjoys spending time with his Dad. What I love even more is that Matt takes the time to schedule fun events to participate in with his boys.

5 comments:
I think that's so cool that he likes fishing, what a great thing for Matt and the boys to have in common!
What a fun hobby for Matt and Morley do enjoy together. I can't believe how old Morley looks now.
Awesome! I love an involved and loving Dad!! Have fun with your new skills, Morley! :)
Oh, that's so awesome. I love when the boys have something special to bond over that leaves such great memories!
How cool! Who knew there was even a class for fly fishing! He must have a lot of patience!
Post a Comment