I cancelled our trip to Utah. Everyone is bummed. We promised the kids that instead of putting all of the money into the gas tank, we would do some special activities with them. First on the list...the county fair. It is one mile from our home and we have never taken the time to go. Teeny, tiny fair is the only description that comes to mind. I took the kids Friday afternoon and it was free admittance to see all of the animals. It was hard for me to not compare the size and quality of the fair to the fair I used to attend and compete in growing up. I think we were done and ready to have lunch in an hour. The kids had fun petting the animals. I had fun telling them stories of when I used to camp at the fair grounds for 3 days when I rode horses. In another life I did barrel racing, pole bending, etc...pictures of those days would be fun to find...
back on subject...we did have fun and the kids couldn't wait until we came back to ride the rides that night.
I was geared up to spend $50 that night on food and tickets and tried not to hold a grudge against the whole family outing. Cash in hand we headed to the ticket booth when a young guy approached us and asked if we were going to be going on the rides. The kids answered 'YES' and he handed me a coupon. I felt like Charlie must have when he found the Golden Ticket. It was worth 20 rides!!! I didn't have to buy any tickets! We left the carnival only spending $15 on fair food. I was giddy the entire night!
The 'carnival' was so small, I could fit the whole set up in the frame of my camera. WEIRD! We bumped into the Call's and Ella was delighted to have Amelia to hang out with. I love this picture of them staring up at the Ferris Wheel.
Jenni took this of when from the top of the Ferris Wheel. Drew is missing-riding a ride by himself.
Matt and the kids had a great time riding most of the rides. Ella loved the train. I loved just watching their faces and listening to their squeals and laughs. Once we had used our last ticket was after 9 p.m. and ready to head home. What a great night and it was awesome to do it together as a family!


7 comments:
I see what you mean about it being a small fair compared to King County and the Puyallup Fair we went to. Way to score that golden ticket, nothing like a bargain.
Dad
Yeah for fairs! How do these places make any money with all the coupons and freebies!? How cares, right - as long as you get a good deal. How fun! I love the picture that Jenni took of you all from the sky.
Fun memories! Glad we bumped into you guys. The girls were seriously cracking me up on the train ride. I am bummed about the Utah trip too... maybe next time. Next you need to show off all those uber cute skirts!! LOL
Love the picture of Ella with her bird and kissing the goat?! CUTE!
This fair reminds me of the little fair that comes to the Target parking lot every Spring Break! Speaking of fairs, Tim starts up again this Friday night with the Clark County Fair...yay :(
Love the family picture from up above!!
I like this fair b/c it's just the right size to have fun but not lose your kids in! :) That said, it was DESERTED when you went apparently? We went on Thursday, armband night, and it was crazy busy. WTG getting that 'golden ticket' tho, that's awesome! Sorry about your trip!!
You scored big with the gold pass! Looks like an awesome family fun adventure! Fun pic that your friend got looking down on your guys!
Love those small town fairs!! Looks like it was still a really great night... Free tickets... those little things make me happy for weeks! (I'd go out to lunch three weeks later and be like, Well I saved money at the fair...")
Post a Comment