"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a Mile High trip

We took a trip to Denver 10 days ago. Matt was able to take Friday off so we headed out in the morning and enjoyed our 3 hour drive. The only thing we need to HURRY for was to meet up with my gals Lori & Kris for our afternoon pedicure! It has been 2 years since the three of us were together last and I couldn't wait to hang out again! We have known each other for ELEVEN years and it is always so awesome to see each other! It is amazing when it seems as though a day hasn't passed when we're together and talking and laughing!
Lori, me, Kris

While we were away being pampered, we left the Dads to take care of the 11 children. Yes, ELEVEN! Robb, Kris's hubby was still at work so Matt & Scott were on duty. We came home to a few slightly stressed out men and kids that were having a blast! All of the boys (6) had been catching toads, big surprise. When it was time for us to leave, the kids were supposed to put the toads back and clean up their mess. They did a good job and we said our goodbye's until Saturday. Our family ran a few errands and went window shopping for a few hours. When we arrived at Micaela's, Brayden suddenly had 2 toads in his hands. We were really surprised that he had found more toads so quickly. Not exactly...THEY WERE IN HIS POCKETS. FOR 2.5 HOURS!!! The poor things survived somehow and lived another day. He was so proud of himself. That kid is 120% boy...can you say Dennis the Menace?
Brayden & his pocket toads

The reason for the trip to Denver was to participate in the sealing and blessing of little Avery Jolene. Their adoption was finalized and they were now able to make their family complete, for ETERNITY! What an amazing spiritual weekend full of love and friends!
Avery with her mommy, daddy and brothers
The six of us were inseparable in Logan while attending USU. We have some AWESOME memories and fun pictures, I need to dig those out! There is always a lot of laughing and reminiscing when we get together!
Robb/Kris, Scott/Lori, Ali/Matt
We stayed with my new friend Micaela, who I just met the weekend we ran the 10k together. They have one little cutie, Addy who is three. Ella LOVED playing with her and Addy was so nice to let us invade her space. Micaela and Ammon were fabulous to let 6 strangers bunk in their beautiful home for two nights! It was really fun to hang out with them and make new friends!

We were so sad to leave Sunday evening, saying goodbye to Scott and Lori. They live in Wisconsin and it better not be two years until we see them again! Kris & Robb...we'll probably see you in a few days! Hooray!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

10 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Toads in his pocket? Like you said that kid is 120% boy! I think I would have died. Those quick trips are the best!

Kris said...

Sawweeeet weekend. See you in a couple days. Oh and by the way, Scott and Lor live in Wisconsin now, not Iowa...ha ha. Both are very far away though.

Joanne said...

What a great weekend. At least you're not that far away from everything... I can't believe Brayden and the toads. What a munchkin. I'm so glad you guys were able to spend the weekend together. Fun times and great memories. Mom

Darci said...

Okay, the toad thing is just gross. Menace is right! =) I'm glad you enjoyed the fun weekend with friends.

Hadzters said...

Looks like a ton of fun- What a great event to be able to attend!

Aaron & Nancy said...

This sounds so familiar! My Will is always playing with toads and yes, I have even discovered a couple of them that he managed to smuggle into the house!

Joanne said...

what a great trip to Denver and you have to love Brayden and the toads!

I can't wait to see you guys in October.

Dad

Lori Davis said...

I am smiling and teary at the same time while I read this!! I love you guys and it BETTER not be another 2 years!! I am so glad we could all be there this weekend... wouldn't have missed it!

Jenni Call said...

Little Avery is precious. Glad you were able to see your USU group. I am sure you had fun reminiscing. Brayden! All boy!! Love that kid

Ellen said...

That is hilarious. And I love the pyramid picture. Matt looks like he's thinking, 'How did I get talked into this?' So fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...