"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, August 7, 2009

Zoo adventure

Outing #2 was a trip to the Zoo. After Brayden had his stitches taken out, we headed off to Scottsbluff which is about 60 miles away. This is a small town zoo and thankfully the kids still enjoy it.
Admission for 5...$4.00, TOTAL!
I just love these prices! We packed our lunch and ate inside the zoo, I love picnics! They have a new splash park this year in the middle of the zoo and the kids were just dying to play while they ate. We made them wait until AFTER we had seen all of the animals before they got wet. It worked out great since it ended up being over 90 degrees! Jenni & Amelia tagged along for the day and we had fun hanging out with them on our adventure. It was a great day, with a stop at Target on the way home. I couldn't leave without just stopping in...strange I know.


some of the animals at the zoo


some of the Haley animals + Amelia
the splash park
Pin It!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'd like to know how on earth you are getting into a zoo for 5 poeple for $4.00?! That is way awesome! I think our zoo here is $9 each person!! Ouch! So glad you are having a fun summer and doing it "cheap"!

Darci said...

Yet another C-R-A-Z-Y deal! I'm glad there are some perks to living so far away. Cute pics!

Mackay Family said...

How in the world did you get in for only $4? That is a crazy good deal! Cute pics!

Joanne said...

Great fun. I love the zoo. Dad and I have been talking more about how we can get to NE to see you guys. We miss you so much. Mom

Jenni Call said...

What a fun day! Perfect temp and company...

APeck said...

Gees, the life of a small town. I'm paying $30 for 2 (Koen is pushed off to the side "unclaimed" so I can get him in free as a 2 year old) at the zoo and they still get done in 2 hours. Savor that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...