
I just committed to run my FIRST race! It is the Grand Prix 10k in Colorado Springs on July 25th. Am I totally crazy? My friend Kris and I have been talking about running a race together sometime this summer and she was able to find one that wasn't on a Sunday!
Kris has run several races so she is hooking my up with training websites and totally getting me motivated! Training officially starts TONIGHT! Luckily, I have been running about 3 miles 3-4 days a week already, so I hope I don't totally DIE! I think this is the FRESH START I need right now! YEAH!
New running shoes were purchased in March so now I just need to organize my iPod running playlist. I need new 'running tunes'. Any suggestions??
Who's in? I'll be leaving from Sidney Friday morning (July 24th) to meet up with Kris and her gal crew in Denver then driving down together. We'll stay at the Marriott and run our tails off Saturday morning. C'mon...you know you want to!
16 comments:
Woo hoo! I'm so excited. This is gonna be fun. :)
You're my hero! That's so cool and you can totally do it! Good luck!
WAY TO GO ALISON!!! :) This will be great - and a huge accomplishment to boot at the end! You Rock!!
You go Girl!
My friend told me to do a race to get in better shape, and drop some weight too! I really want to do one! Some of my favorites for running are Heaven by DJ Sammy and Yanou, Viva La Vida, Single Ladies, Stronger by Kanye West, So What by Pink,and Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order(totally reminds me of our good old friend Carrie Hansen)
I've run in a few races and you'll love it. My advice? Make sure your iPod is charged. My mp-3 player died two minutes into my 1/2 marathon a few years ago. It made for a long race!
Wow, I'm totally impressed!!
I would so do it if I was a runner! But this body does not run! Also if it was abit closer I would consider it! How far is 10k anyways?!
Racing is so much fun! You will get hooked. If you are running 3 miles now you are in good shape and it shouldn't be too hard to double it. You will do great!
Hey you can totally stay at my house. Maybe I will join you....
Good luck! You will do awesome. Maybe you will do a marathon in 2010?
Yea for you! That is so exciting! Awesome that you are already running that much! After last weekend all I have to say is make sure you train...I think Garrett wishes he would have trained harder. Will get back to you on some running tunes!
GO ALI! I won't run with you but I'll think great, motivating thoughts at you. Gimme a few weeks to get used to x-fit, deal with my stoopidhead and cut all carbs. *sigh* ;)
Wow! You're a crazy/amazing woman with such ambition! It will be a motivating goal to work toward. You can totally do it, easy!
Are you really our daughter? Run? Not a chance for this lady. You keep amazing me with your goals and accomplishments. Love ya, Mom
Be careful...they are addicting. I signed up for my first half marathan in August here is Utah. I am nervous, but it should be fun. I started doing sprint triathlons last year...and I can't get enough!
If you're ever here in Utah, they have a lot of races that are not on Sunday.
If you're running that much every week, you're going to do great! Keep it up! It's lots of fun!
Post a Comment