"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 17, 2011

that sneaky little leprechaun













The boys were super duper speedy finishing their homework yesterday so they could make their lucky leprechaun box. With nearly all of my fun crafty stuff in storage, we picked up a few things at the dollar store.  They cut, glued, and glued...with A LOT of Elmer's glue and colored and cut some more.


The story goes: if you leave your lucky leprechaun box outside in the moonlight, a leprechaun will leave you surprises.  What we didn't realize, is that the leprechaun will also play tricks.

After I set up their goodies before I went to bed

**I spent under $20**

I locked the door and made sure the box was OUTSIDE.
When we woke up, the door was still locked, but half of the stuff on the table was IN THE BOX, outside.
That sneaky little leprechaun.

Not only did he put most of the goodies in the lucky box, he turned picture frames upside down, put shoes on top of vases, turned the milk green and even the toilet water green.  The kids want to know how it turned green AFTER they flushed...sneaky!
Brayden even found one of his shoes in the freezer. 

Grandma Haley sent the kids some fun St. Patrick's Day surprises:
bow ties, necklaces, little pots of gold (play coins and candy coins), and candy!


gotta love the sleepy eyes

Green pancakes with mini chocolate chips were inhaled for breakfast
along with lime aid to drink.  After school they will have green rice krispie treats for
a snack.  For dinner...not sure yet.  Broccoli, green rolls and something...suggestions?


I love doing little surprises for my kids.  It makes those hard-not-so-fun mom days forgettable and rejuvenates my soul!  I love these kids!


ella's shirt:  green tee from target.  Ruffles made from two old green tee's of mine.
SIMPLE and FUN.
What are you simple traditions for these fun little holidays?
Pin It!

9 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

I seriously do nothing much at all for this holiday except wear a little green, but you have INSPIRED me! The day isn't over yet! ;)

Unknown said...

How fun! What a fun way to celebrate the day! We've tried green food in the past and the kids refused to eat it. We are lucky if we remember to wear green. You're such a great mom!

Sarah J. said...

So cute. And once again, I feel like a total failure! I, too, do nothing special for this day except pull out a box of Lucky Charms and "try" to find a little green for them to wear. Oh boy... there's always next year!!! :) Love all the ideas.

Darci said...

You are too much! Are we related? hee hee Thankfully mom is here to help make it a fun day for the kids. Playing up these 'holidays' is fun and I'll join you one of these years.

Jenni Call said...

That is amazing! Can I be your child reincarnate.

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Ummmmmm you put to me shame as a mother!! I can't keep up with you hehe

Mackay Family said...

Mother of the Year award goes to you! I did nothing! Ideas for next year...right?!? Love Ella's shirt. It is so cute (simple for you...a huge project for me!) Glad all your cute kids had fun!

Candice said...

That's awesome, such cute things to do!!!

me said...

So THAT is what Ella was trying to tell me! It wasn't a trap, it was a lucky leprechaun box. Sorry E! :)
Glad you all had so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...