"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

experiences

Every third Sunday of the month, Matt has church meeting in Cheyenne.  Last month we all tagged along so we could spend the day together.  This month the third Sunday was also Brayden's birthday so we made plans to tag along again.  We made extra plans to go down Saturday afternoon and do a little shopping, go out to eat at a "nice" restaurant and stay in a hotel.

Applebee's was the restaurant of choice and everyone enjoyed the luxury of eating out.  We had fun taking pictures of ourselves...bummer most of them turned out blurry.


The staff surprised Brayden with a birthday song and a free dessert.  The nice waitress brought an additional one out for the rest of the kids to share once she noticed four kids fighting for a spoonful of ice cream!




Morley and Drew found "Bumble Bee" in the parking lot and HAD to have their picture taken...



and then we were off to our hotel.
OH....the hotel.
I thought I'd book our room using priceline.com to get a great rate for a great hotel.
This is the first time I used that website...and possibly the last.
No pool.  Downtown.  Street parking.  Broken elevator.  Fourth floor.
TINY rooms.  No breakfast.  Horrible beds. 

Let's just say that I felt horrible and would have just walked out IF I could have
received a refund.  But...we stuck it out and survived.

I'm sure "back in the day" it was a very nice hotel and it was built in the 1920's.
It's location was ideal back then as it is directly across the street from the train depot and all of their patrons
could just walk to their hotel.  The inside lobby had neat designs and beautiful stained glass and the old main desk for the hotel.  But...we won't be staying there again.

Around town, there are some giant cowboy boots that have been painted with different themes.  I think Chicago has bulls and Yellowstone has buffalo's.  We had fun trying to spot them while driving around and we couldn't resist taking pictures with one of them that was near our hotel.




Thankfully the kids and the husband are forgiving and we still had a great weekend together!  I stocked up on blank shirts and just in time.  I've been slammed with business the last few days and I am very excited and a little overwhelmed. 

Both of the offers we had on our house fell through, so we're back to square one.  I better get busy and get the house "showing ready" again, I got a little lazy on the cleaning...again.  All of my spring bulbs have started to fill in my flower beds and the grass is starting to green up...so I hope that it will have even more street appeal to those driving by. 
Pin It!

5 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

I sure miss you guys. So fun to see the pics.... keep them coming!

Jenni Call said...

So fun to get away (even to a crappy hotel). The memories will entertain you for years to come!

me said...

I agree with Jenni...the crap hotel just makes it more memorable! ;) I'm glad you all got to tag along and have a great time as a family. It's no easy task in this day and age. :-)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Brayden!! Ya don't ever use priceline, you don't get to pick your hotel it does it for you! We always use expedia and have always loved it!!!

Darci said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend even with a bad hotel. The boots are great! Good luck with the house. Spring is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...