I still don't know if I can say that I LOVE running. There are days when I do enjoy it...and others when I really don't like it at all. It is easier to have a workout partner that keeps you going motivates you!
Jo Anna and I have been working out together for a few months now. Our summer routine has been to workout at the park and the path around the pond. We have been able to come up with several circuit workouts that are awesome. It is so nice to be out of the gym!
We committed to do the Gold Rush Days 5k run together. It was a total bummer when it was cancelled because of our horrible weather. We were excited to find out it was rescheduled for a Wednesday night!
Here we are before the race...
and...here I am running. I think this is just a few feet from the finish line. I wasn't happy with the race. Knee pain is the worst! I forgot to bring my knee band thing and at the 1.5 mile mark it just started killing me. A few power walking *gasp* spurts helped to alleviate the pain just a tad. Somehow my time was better than last year, which is odd.
and after the race in all of our sweaty, red faced glory. Jo Anna did awesome and totally kicked my tail! It is always fun to run with a friend! Thanks Jo!




6 comments:
You are a super woman! Way to go!
Awesome Alison! I think it would be nice to have a running partner. I go by myself and could use someone to egg me on.
You two are AMAZING!!! :)
Keep up the good work! Keep motivating eachother!
Good for you! It's great to have races to work towards and a running partner to help keep you motivated. Keep it up!
I should start calling you Bionic Ali. You rock.
Aww I just saw this! I can't wait for you to be back and we get our morning routine back in order and get to have our morning talks! I'm counting down the days! Miss ya!
Post a Comment