
I am so thankful for my kids and my husband.
I can honestly say that I love being a mom.
I am not delusional and pretend that it is always perfect, easy or without struggles.
I do have hard mom days.
I don't like hard mom days.
I can cry, laugh, yell, sulk, pout, giggle...all in one day.
I love my kids and feel honored to be their mommy.
Mother's Day was wonderful! There was no very little arguing between the kids, good food, relaxation, sweet gifts and a quiet evening! The boys wanted to do their presents before church...but...PRIORITIES...we had to take pictures before church. I am thankful that a few turned out...it is sometimes pretty tough to get all of the kids looking AND smiling at the camera at the same time! Church was wonderful and I found myself crying on several occasions as I was touched by the spirit and realization of how blessed women are to be mothers. I reflected on the love I have for my own mom and how amazing she is. I am thankful for Matt's mom, for raising him well and teaching him the principles of the gospel. I REcommitted to be a better mom, lose my temper less, praise more often and just relax and have fun.
After church and lunch and much begging from the kids...it was gift time. The kids made cards at church they gave to me with flowers to plant and they also made cards at school. It is fun to receive cards from them, especially as they get older. The thought they put into their writing is really special. At the end of Morley's card he wrote: "I am glad I chose you to be my mom". Ah...tears! He really is such a sensitive kid...even though sometimes he tries to hide it and be the big-nearly-11-year-old-boy. All of their cards were very sweet and they were so excited to share them with me.



Matt surprised me with an awesome gift...new cowboy boots! SWEET! I didn't see that one coming and I LOVE them! They are almost too pretty to ride in...but I think I'll get over it! I see a lot of riding in the near future...
and this tripod for my camera
I love personalized necklaces, especially ones that represent a mom's children. I bought myself He bought me this sweet pea pod necklace with four pearls that represent our kiddos. The little circle was personalized and stamped with "my sweet peas". I just love it!
All in all it was a great day. Not doing any dinner dishes was a treat and talking to our mom's was special too! My mom sent me a great little book called, A Mother's Book of Secrets and I received a very cute white hat crocheted from Matt's mom.
I love being a mom, I really do. There are days when I wonder WHY and HOW did I get here? Then, I remember this is what I WANTED and I have four amazing kids. Matt and I were very blessed to have our children without complication or heartache. I KNOW that so many go through so much in their quest to be a mother. So many of my own friends have had this struggle and I love them so much for their example and dedication to motherhood.
President Hinckley said: "How thankful I am, how thankful we all must be, for the women in our lives. God bless them. May His great love distill upon them and crown them with luster and beauty, grace and faith."
Matt snapped this of the boys before church...what a bunch of handsome goofballs!
And...none of this would be possible without Matt. Thank you so much for all you do and for making me feel so special! I love you!
Thank you to my family for spoiling me for the day and for making me feel so loved!!


9 comments:
Sounds like you had a fab day! What a great day to reflect and rejuvinate as well as be spoiled. Joe said you had some new boots on when we came by but I didn't even notice them!!! Cute
What a special day for one special momma!
What a great post, Nice touch on the necklace Matt. Savor these days in your life, the kids grow up quicker than you know. Dad
I'm so glad you had a beautiful day. Your family seems just amazing and I'm glad that they were able to spoil you! Happy mother's day!
You're so cute Alison. Did you get the necklace on Etsy? Love it!
It was fun to share in your day via Skype. You really did get spoiled and it was well deserved. It's fun when the kids get old enough to really express themselves. I love you and admire you and the love you have for motherhood. It is (and always will be) the best calling you'll ever have. Love, Mom
Score!!! Love those new boots, watch, necklace, etc. Sounds like you were pampered and well appreciated!!
That necklace is so neat. I love it! You are such a great mom and wife...they are lucky to have you!
Happy Mother's Day! Tell Matt that next year he should call Scott before mother's day and give him some gift ideas.... :) I am glad you had a wonderful day!
Post a Comment