"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Let Summer Begin...

LMAGY ** week 15

Yesterday was the last day of school!  Yes, on May 19th!  We now have a 6th, 3rd and 1st grader in our home.  All three boys have excellent final grades, which makes us VERY happy!

 I have been trying to think of a fun tradition to start for "the last day of school", with not a lot of success.  My sister-in-law takes her kids to the Mayan restaurant in Utah every year...oh I wish there was something like that nearby!

I surprised them with ice cream at Subway!  HOORAY!!!  They were excited and that is all I wanted.  I let them choose whatever they wanted and I think that was the best surprise.

There was ice cream all over faces and fingers and their smiles made me happy.

There are trips to Idaho and Washington planned.  Lazy days at the pool and family campouts.
Let summer begin...














** next week I will share all of my sewing projects from this week...I didn't have time to edit the pictures for today.  It has been a wild week and more orders every day!  LOVE THAT!!!  Stay tuned for new ideas and repurpose creations!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Excellent tradition! Ice cream and summer are like soul mates

Darci said...

Great pictures. I can't believe you are out of school already. Summer - this word and today just don't go together here. It was a cold and blustery day and summer seems too far away.

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Those pics are awesome and how fun! We have one more week of school here...ahhhhhhhhhhh ;-)

Jill said...

Oh Brayden!! Your ice cream cone seems to have gotten away from you!!! What a cute guy!! So can't wait to see you this summer!!!

Aaron & Nancy said...

We have one more week of school and I can't wait to celebrate with my kids too! Enjoy your summer! How are you going to keep up with your business with 4 kids home...good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...