"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, May 31, 2010

memorial day weekend

Morley received some awesome gifts for his big 11th birthday.  He REALLY wanted a Darin Williams jersey from the Utah Jazz, Fablehaven books and a golf pass.  He got them.  There were no toys, or "kid" gifts this year...my boy is growing up.



He asked to go to BOONDOCKS for his birthday celebration instead of having a party.  I guess he is too old for friend parties now.  We met up with our long time friends, the Briggs' and spent the rest of the weekend with them.  The boys LOVED the race track.



and the bumper boats



They also had blast playing all of the arcade games, earning tickets and picking out their "AWESOME" prizes.  Miniature golf was fun too...and Ella snagged my club at the first hole and tried to keep up with the boys.



Ella had a great time having someone smaller than her to boss play with.  They were so cute together.  Avery is just SO stinking cute!



We had a fantastic BBQ at a park on Sunday  and played for nearly 4 hours.  There was a lot of football, aerobie, swinging, eating and laughing.  It is great to hang out with friends and I love that our kids play so well together!  Apparently, stuffing rocks, bark and flowers into water bottles is a good time too!


I tried to get to bed early Sunday night...in preparation for our big BolderBOULDER 10k race Monday morning.
Pin It!

3 comments:

me said...

Yay for good birthdays and memory making times!! :)
I've talked Trae into doing a party where we leave town and do something bigger with one friend.

Jenni Call said...

Morley looks so thrilled with his birthday extravaganza! He is getting so tall and grown up. Those pics of Ella are cracking me up! What a little cute princess. I can just imagine her playing with Avery. Gotta LOVE those vacations away from home. So nice to go and so nice to come back...

Darci said...

Mo is really growing up fast. I LOVE the pictures. A new camera simply must be in my future. I was so bummed when a handful didn't turn out from our trip that I could scream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...