"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ella is THREE


Miss Ella wanted to take her sweet time coming into the world!  My doctor agreed to induce me a week early because I was afraid I was going to have a 10 pound baby. Brayden was 9 pounds 10 ounces and 9 days late...I didn't want to chance a repeat.  Matt and I arrived at the hospital bright and early at seven o'clock in the morning to get everything started and it was after ten o'clock at night before she decided it was time.  She was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 1/2" long with a lot of DARK hair!  I couldn't believe I was holding a little baby GIRL!  She was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks and had her first tooth when she was 5 months.  She was in no hurry to start walking and I was okay with that.  At 15 months she was walking confidently and gained a new sense of independence.  We conquered potty training soon after she turned TWO and it has been wonderful to be out of diapers for nearly a year!

Ella is a little firecracker and so much fun.  She is "daddy's girl" and "mommy's Ella", as she says.  Ella loves to talk and sing all day long...which I am still getting used to!  She adores her brothers and has recently started boss them, or she is at least TRYING to.  Nap time is still a part of every day and can last up to three hours and bedtime is at 8:00.  She loves her ponies, care bears, babies and books.  She doesn't mind getting dirty and loves to follow "her boys" around doing anything they do.

We are so blessed to have her in our family and she brings so much joy to all of us!  I love having a pal to do everything with during the day.  I like to call her Ella Bella and Matt calls her Princess, which she is trying to live up to.

***********
I took her birthday pictures on a warm day last week and had quite the time.  She was very silly, grumpy, giggly and goofy.  I took A LOT of pictures...so enjoy.  I tried to pick a lot  a few of my favorites...okay there are more than a few, be patient!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA, we love you!










Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday daddy's girl!!! Having you around is a lot of fun! I can't wait to eat your purple princess cake...

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Miss Ella. You are such a sweetheart. We love you and hope you have the perfect 3-year old birthday!

Darci said...

I love her birthday outfit! The picture of her sitting on the steps so cute. Ella is pretty lucky to have such a fun and talented mom. Happy Birthday little princess!

Jenni Call said...

Happy Birthday to Ella! She is amazing! Glad we could attend her purple princess party. She looks darling in that skirt and shirt. Your fingers must still hurt!

Sarah J. said...

She's a doll! Happy Birthday, Miss Ella!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

You did a fabulous job with those photos!!! They are beautiful!!! I have been meaning to write back and tell you about the outfit, the editing tips...I am getting to it. promise!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...