Let your ART guide you ** week 8

Then...I've had this fabric below for nearly a year now. It is the kind of fabric you buy and all you have to do is add some straps, hem the bottom and you have a dress. The bodice gathering is all done when you buy the fabric and it is cute. BUT...I decided I didn't want to make a dress, so I bought a black shirt, brainstormed a bit...

came up with this...
I can't wait for Ella to wear it with a little pair of black leggings! Too cute! The big hot pink flower is made from embossed felt. We'll see how it holds up after a few washes.

Here are a few pictures of Ella in her Easter outfit. She wouldn't leave the pompom tail alone!

These next two outfits were for a dear friend here in town. We were at lunch one day last week and she said she was leaving town to visit her new grand babies. She asked what I had "in stock" that she could buy for gifts. I told her everything is custom so I don't have anything DONE...but I could quickly design something for her. She left it all up to me but needed it in 36 hours!

I love the little dino!!
Another week is done, yeah!!!
I couldn't get popsicles off my mind and it didn't help that we had a few days in the low 80's! I was wearing shorts and flip flops. I had a few windows open and loved listening the kids playing outside. Now...we have a forecast for snow. Whatever.
Back to warm weather and popsicles. I just want to eat this shirt! The colors are so bright and yummy...would it be weird if I made it on an adult shirt? Okay, I'm joking. Kind of.
Yes, it is on etsy now.

Then...I've had this fabric below for nearly a year now. It is the kind of fabric you buy and all you have to do is add some straps, hem the bottom and you have a dress. The bodice gathering is all done when you buy the fabric and it is cute. BUT...I decided I didn't want to make a dress, so I bought a black shirt, brainstormed a bit...

came up with this...
I can't wait for Ella to wear it with a little pair of black leggings! Too cute! The big hot pink flower is made from embossed felt. We'll see how it holds up after a few washes.

Here are a few pictures of Ella in her Easter outfit. She wouldn't leave the pompom tail alone!

These next two outfits were for a dear friend here in town. We were at lunch one day last week and she said she was leaving town to visit her new grand babies. She asked what I had "in stock" that she could buy for gifts. I told her everything is custom so I don't have anything DONE...but I could quickly design something for her. She left it all up to me but needed it in 36 hours!

I love the little dino!!
I love that my hubby supports my business! He is constantly telling people to look at my store and spreading the word! This onesie is for a co-worker who's wife just had a little baby last week! It is so itty-bitty!

It kind of stresses me out when customers leave all of the decisions up to me. I love having the freedom, but I'm afraid that my choices won't be their favorite. I felt that way with this next order. A returning customer wanted to order a monogram shirt for a friend who recently had a baby and she wanted me to ship it directly to the mom. YEAH, I love making gifts! Laura left all decisions to me, except she chose the shirt!


It kind of stresses me out when customers leave all of the decisions up to me. I love having the freedom, but I'm afraid that my choices won't be their favorite. I felt that way with this next order. A returning customer wanted to order a monogram shirt for a friend who recently had a baby and she wanted me to ship it directly to the mom. YEAH, I love making gifts! Laura left all decisions to me, except she chose the shirt!

Take a look at my store and let me know what additional designs you would like to see! I'm up for a challenge! If I end up choosing your design(s)...you'll have the chance to purchase the finished product at 25% off!
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

9 comments:
I love the designs!! That popsicle shirt is definately one of my favorites! I am so sad to see on your sidebar that it is 34 today!! I am glad you used the chainsaw yesterday! You are so talented and I love to check it all out! Good job, girl! I have some baby gifts to get and I just realized where I am going for a more personal touch... what took me so long to think of that?? Love you!
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! You're such a busy lady!
The dino is awesome! The popsicles and other new designs are so fun. I think a gumball machine applique would be a perfect addition.
You are a crafting machine! Where in the world do you find the time to do it all? I love the popsicle design...if only I had a girl!
Love that turquoise fabric! Wear can I get some curlformers?
I love those pop-sickles the best, I really love to see girls wearing dessert on their clothes like sundaes, ice cream cones, etc.
So cute! Your shirts and skirts really make me want a girl! :D So many cute things for girls.
These are flippin adorable. You just keep better and better!!
So fun and spring-ish. The popsicle shirt is so simple and cute! I can't wait to show you Mia's birthday ensemble!! I had a super good idea for a skirt...eeeek! So cute. Ella looks darling in her Easter outfit.
Post a Comment