"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, April 2, 2010

Utah Happiness

We made it!!! We were delayed leaving Sidney by a few hours because we couldn't find the brackets for our Thule...after looking until after two in the morning!! It all ended up working out and we arrived in Utah about 5:45 Thursday evening! We are all very excited to get out of the car after the 8.5 hour drive. The roads were pretty good for the most part but there were a few pretty slushy and slick spots.

Thursday night I went out for dessert with Christine, whom I had never met in person before. She is the best friend of a friend in Sidney who I have become "online friends" with over the last year or so. It was great to meet in person, get to know more about one another and have a great evening out! I even had to park the van with the valet! Sarah, my sister-in-law, and I stayed up until after midnight talking, laughing and catching up with each other!

Friday morning was packed with family and fun activities. My sister Candice and her little guy Kayson came over early in the morning. Oh my, he is the cutest thing!! We had fun hanging out and watching the kids play, especially Kayson and Ella. They are about a year apart so Ella had a fun time trying to be the boss. It was even more funny when he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Candice and I enjoyed just relaxing and chatting. She is about 23 weeks prego with another little boy!






After lunch the boys went off to play in the "mini forest" and I went on a walk with Emi and Ella. I wish I would have followed the boys to capture the their fun and to spy on their creativity. They all came back covered in mud with great stories! Ella and Emi just had a fun time running and skipping up and down the sidewalks together. I had fun trying out different settings on my camera and enjoying the laughs of these little girls.


Then it was time to color Easter eggs. I think we ended up doing four dozen, which was plenty...and messy.

the crew with one extra neighbor boy



Ella loved giving hugs to Morley and her "best cousin" Haley


After all of that...Sarah and I left for a really late dessert with our scrapbooking friend Anna, in Provo. We went to the Cocoa Bean and it has the most wonderfully rich and yummy cupcakes and delicious drinks!!! We didn't get home until nearly midnight! We had a fantastic time just talking and not worrying about getting home. I had a really fun time watching the different clientele of the little shop. All of the college dates, newlyweds, families...it was so different that we are used to lately in Sidney!

Oh, it has been a full day and so wonderful to have so much family to see!!! I can't wait for the rest of the weekend!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Darci said...

Yeah for an eventful and family filled weekend! I love the photo of Ella and Emi together. The shopping options definitely increased for you and I can't wait to see what comes of it. Oh, are you wearing one of those knit ruffle neck shirts? Did you make it?

Joanne said...

Of course you colored eggs. I'm glad you had a little "me" time, too. I'm glad you were able to connect with Kayson and Candice, too.

Jenni Call said...

That pic with Ella and Emi is sooooo cute. Nice camera work.

Ellen said...

Good times!! Where did you find the brackets???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...