"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, April 22, 2010

ruffles, ruffles, ruffles

Let Your ART Guide You ** week 11

This week I FINISHED Ella's twirly, ruffle Nie Nie skirt and shirt for her birthday outfit! It took me two days to finish it, but the end result was worth all the time and frustration! I have concluded that a serger is needed for such projects. I can dream, right? You'll see pictures of Ella actually wearing the outfit for her birthday pictures that I am taking next week! Oh, I can't wait!!! Just look at all of those ruffles!



I had a lot of fun doing these pillowcase dresses for a returning customer! They are for her 6 year old and 3 year old daughters! Emilee and Lilee are going to look so cute this summer! They are for sale in my etsy store today. Now...my mind is racing with other ideas for this zebra print fabric! Imagine: a twirl skirt with black trim and pink ric-rac. The shirt in my mind will be pink with either a monogram with the zebra fabric or a horse silhouette with the fabric. What do you think??
My sister found a darling applique design on Etsy this week and convinced me to try it. I found a plain hoodie in Ella's closet and had fun last night recreating it! You can find the design here!

I just love the "I dressed myself" look Ella is sporting today! Boots on the wrong feet, crazy flower pants and a tutu!

This is a 1st birthday gift for my little niece, whom I have yet to meet! Hopefully this summer, Reagan!


My niece Cassidy will be looking super cute in some shirts her mommy finally bought for her! ha ha!! Darci has been talking about ordering some custom clothes and this was the week! Three shirts for Cassidy and one rocket shirt for Myles. I will also be making a matching twirl skirt for the pink Double Daisy shirt...as soon as I buy the fabric this weekend!


My tulips are starting to bloom this week! The last few days have been really rainy and I LOVE it! My grass is lush and dark green, my flower beds have mulch and my flowers are blooming! I just LOVE spring!



I was just thinking...this is week 11 of this Thursday ART posting...and I have had orders EVERY week! I am so thankful and excited about the success my business is having!

Happy Creating!
Pin It!

8 comments:

alison said...

wow--you have been busy--this is all gorgeous!!

Darci said...

I love your new camera skills. We can't wait for our order to arrive. Customizing the designs was so fun. Oh, and I LOVE how the hippo hoodie turned out. You do great work, sis!

Martina said...

These ruffles are great - and you really earned the success with your things! Wish you a happy and creative weekend!

Andrea said...

You've got TALENT girl! You've done such a great job with your designs! It's been a while since I've been on, the Easter outfit, SO CUTE....love the bunny!

Glad to see things are going well for you guys! ~Andrea

andrea creates said...

I'm loving ruffles too lately. Just wish I could get away with a skirt like that ;)
Very cute!!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Everything is adorable as always. What fun!! Annabelle will be debuting her new outfit this weekend and she can hardly wait. Every day she asks if it is time yet. I am mean...I know ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love that ruffle skirt, so awesome!

Ellen said...

Love that skirt! So I finally broke down and bought that sewing machine from Costco.com! It was $25 off, so it was a great deal! Now I need to get the manual out and start reading. You are doing awesome with your business. I need to make an order one of these days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...