"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, April 8, 2010

sew happy, sew fabric happy!

Let Your ART Guide You ** week 9

My family makes fun of me when we go out of town...because I have a *list* of the stores I want to go to. Wouldn't you do the same thing if you lived in a town where you could only shop at Wal-Mart or online? Wouldn't you want to visit Target, a MALL and all the fabric stores you could handle?? Well...I did...and it was fabulous. I only had time to visit THREE fabric stores, but I found some yummy Amy Butler and Michael Miller fabrics. I was happy to find some skirt lining fabrics for 50% off. Unfortunately...the designer fabrics are expensive so i only bought would I absolutely knew I needed NOW at the bare minimum. Oh, how I wanted SO MUCH more!


I bought THIS pattern/instructions to make Ella the most delicious ruffle skirt. The FOUR fabrics on the bottom left of the above pictures are the ones I bought for the skirt. It is all cut out and ready to sew...hopefully I'll finish before next Thursday so I can show you!

I received an order the day before Easter for the bunny outfit while we were on vacation!! It came through about an hour before I was planning on removing it from my store, yeah!! I love working my business while away from home!

I have been wanting to make a strawberry shirt for weeks but couldn't find the *right* fabric...until I was in a great store called Fabric Center. This Michael Miller polka dot pattern jumped out at me! The *leaf* top is made from lime green terry cloth, I love the texture! I may or may not have plans to do a matching skirt for the strawberry with the two *opposite* fabrics above. I guess we'll see by next week!




Elephants are so cute, all of the time! This is Michael Miller fabric too, and I'm also using it for the Nie Nie skirt so the shirt will coordinate...but it wasn't made as the *matching* shirt. The crystals are ironed on and add a little *bling* for the girly effect. I couldn't resist the contrast of the turquoise fabric and orange stitching.





I revamped the airplane design. My sister-in-law Sarah suggested I use this star fabric for an airplane and it works perfectly!




When I saw this polka dot minky fabric, it screamed *turtle* to me!


Then, a boy version of the elephant also using minky. It is so soft and fuzzy!
And a little orange, brown and green! I really adore this one!



It has been a crazy day and a great business day! I woke up to an etsy order for two shirts, a request for 3 custom pieces from a returning customer and I scored a smokin' deal on boy's t-shirts today!! I bought 31 short sleeve little boy shirts in sizes 18 month-5T for only $31!!! I am stocked on boy and girl shirts now!!!



All of the shirts listed above will be in my Etsy store by this evening!!!



**Happy Creating**

Pin It!

8 comments:

Hoffmann Family said...

That turquoise fabric is really yummy to me!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Oh my gosh- so much to say. First of all. EVERYTHING is soooo cute but that strawberry shirt has sent me over the edge. Maybe a candidate for Annie ?? LOL
AND- holy cow!!!on those shirts. A buck each!!! The ones I gave you were all 2-3.50 each and I thought I did good. You got a smokin deal!!!!
I love seeing how successful you are being at this. It is so inspiring.
Love ya cuz

Jenni Call said...

That designer fabric is luscious! It's caught my eye about a dozen times. Love how you put them together. I think the four fabrics work better than actual pattern suggestions. Can't wait to see Miss Ella prancing around in it come Sunday. You totally rocked the shirt sale.

Elan said...

Shopping is a must when you visit a 'big town'! I love the new designs and fabric choices. Go sista, go!

andrea creates said...

Glad to know I'm not alone,lol.
Anytime I know I'm going 'somewhere', I google and make a list of places I should hit(craft wise). I've discovered lots of great fabric, yarn and other similar shops this way...

Love the elephant with the crystals applique:)

Martina said...

The strawberry is my favourite - really cool!

Deedra said...

So very beautiful!! I love the elephant with the rhinestone eye!

Aaron & Nancy said...

I love the new designs and the fabrics are perfect for each design! Good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...