Let Your ART Guide You ** week 10
First...my dear cousin Emily...THIS is for you! Thank you so much for your generosity, encouragement and love! Annie will be adorable prancing around as a cute strawberry!

THIS is for Ella. I made the skirt on Saturday with this great fabric I have had since September. I REALLY like how it turned out and especially LOVE how it looks on Ella. I did a longer length and it hits just above her calf and it is twirly, girly and swirly!
I stewed and thought and thought and stewed...(get the picture?) on what to do for a coordinating shirt. I mean really, I couldn't just have her wear a plain ol' shirt with it! FINALLY, while running errands in Sterling yesterday I remembered something I had seen on my cousin Lara's blog. She used lace on a shirt and it was adorable. You can see her onesies HERE. So, I TOTALLY copied her, but with a twist. Thanks Lara! I'm glad I was in a fabric store when I remembered so I could buy the lace! As you remember...there is only a "quilt store" in my town that doesn't sell notions, etc. bummer.


And...the crazy orders this week! There were a lot of "baby shower" gifts this week, which was a lot of fun! Onesies from 0-3 months to 9-12 months were ordered and personalized!

I loved someone ordering the owl for a little 1 year old boy!
I know I have said this before, but the best thing in business are returning customers. For example: Tuesday morning I received an email from a customer who has ordered twice before telling me: "okay, seriously stop making such cute shirts!!!!I think I need to get this one and the dinosaur one for my 2 y/o!!!~Angie" She then bought 3 shirts! YEAH!!! Of course I am not going to stop!
Nebraska Husker fans are insane here!! Good insane and crazy insane. A friend in town is a huge husker fan and asked me to make some outfits for her five year old little girl and one year old little boy. She came up with the design and TA-DA...skull & crossbones for those football games in the fall!
A few strawberry shirts, now I need to go buy some real ones for a snack!
*****
I am learning new things about my camera every time I use it. Today after our sprinklers had turned off, I noticed the flowers with the water droplets on them...and had to take some pictures. I like taking nature pictures...they always hold still, you don't have to bribe and they don't cry!
I need to figure out how to make the white shirt pictures not GLOW...any tips?



7 comments:
You are the bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb!! I LOVE it!!! I am so excited to see my "Red" prancing around in this beautiful outfit. Love ya girl!! So amazing!! So are the other outfits and pics. You are doing great with that smancy new camera! Thanks sweetpea! YOur fabric bundle will be is in the mail ;-)
Cute! Love the vintage lace look...I may have to copy Lara too. LOL! Not sure what to do with the orange shirt for the Target skirt. Gray lace would look super cool. To tone down the white go to manual and speed up your shutter speed to one or two "levels" below a correct exposure. The white is blowing the exposure out. Probably doesn't make sense so call me. Thanks for letting us take Ella on Wednesday. She is a fun kid.
I think the outfits from his week are my favorite so far. So many cute ones. Looks like you are becoming a pro with your new camera. Ella is a doll and a perfect model for you.
The strawberry outfit is so yummy and your shirts really look so professional - i'd love to be a little girl again and wear it myself!
The strawberry outfit is my favorite! Does Ella ever wear the same outfit twice? She must have so many...
Thanks for stopping by~
I love all the polka dots and the t-shirt too-so cute!
Great photos-
I'm always trying to figure out new things on my camera :)
Wow, you have been busy! I love it all :) I have that same fabric from Ella's new skirt, but haven't used it yet. I may just have to whip up a skirt with it.
I love, love, love the owl shirt! I finally found fabric to redo our crib bedding and it's got owls on it. I never thought I'd get into that fad, but I've fallen hard :)
As for the white shirts, I second what Jenni said. But, if you have a way to post process it, you can use a mask to tone it down a bit without changing the rest of the photo.
Keep sharing what you make! I love seeing what you're up to and getting some good ideas.
Post a Comment