"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Saturday

There is just never enough time to DO EVERYTHING you WANT to do when you are on vacation! I NEEDED to do some fabric shopping while we were in Utah so Matt took me Saturday morning for a few hours! HEAVEN!!! I found some delicious fabrics that I can't wait to use! I have a few new designs up my sleeve that I am pretty excited for!! Our job while away from the house was to fill all of the eggs with candy...and I bet there were no less than 300 of them. The car was a full of bright colored eggs, candy and a few empty wrappers...! Once we got back to the house, we did our Easter Bunny duties "hiding" the eggs and filling the Easter baskets! Since General Conference was on Easter weekend this year, we did our traditional Easter egg hunt on Saturday instead of Sunday. Before the "hunt" we tried to take some family pictures...




our "crazy" picture turned into a this...



After they found their baskets the Easter Bunny left on the front porch...




we lined all of the cousins up for the egg hunt. Look at all of those CUTE kids! They range in age from 13 to one years old! Tadj (13) and Morley (10 11/12) and Haley (11) tried to act "too cool" but I think they enjoyed it just as much as the little kids.
Seriously...look at all of those eggs! The kids did a great job filling their baskets. I was VERY impressed with the older kids who shared their eggs with Ella and Brynn when they noticed they didn't have as many!


After they collected their eggs, we lined up their baskets and told them they had to race to their stash. First, the "little kids"...Brayden, Emi, Brynn and Ella



the the "big kids"...Morley, Tadj, Haley, Keegan and Drew

I love that Keegan and Drew are pushing each other trying to get there first!

After conference was over, the kids were back outside to enjoy the chilly sunny weather. The girls couldn't get enough of the trampoline. Ella spent more time on her knees than on her feet but she still loved the jumping! These three girls were so cute together!



After all of the men and Tadj left for the priesthood session, the rest of us just chilled! They were able to get tickets for the conference center! Tadj and Kent were interviewed by LDS Radio too!



Oh, it is so wonderful to be spending time with family!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Looks like a wonderful day! You've got some awesome and adorable kids there. Glad you made it home safely.

Joanne said...

Holy Easter eggs. That was a mountain of eggs. Did you color any? Over rated, I know. What a fun weekend you had. I am glad you're home safe, too.

Esther Ogden said...

Great pictures, Ali! I love the Easter baskets you made the kids...so cute! =)

Matt and Carla said...

Looks like your fam had a fun Easter. The cheeseburger cake was really easy, two circle yellow cakes, two circle devils food choc cakes, choc & white tubbed frosting (I tinted the white w/ a bit of the choc for a darker bun color) rice krispies for seeds on top of bun, (not a fan of fondant cuz of taste so I formed starbursts for the cheese and tomatoes) easy flow betty crock red and green frosting (w/ tips that come w/ them) for lettuce and ketchup- you can get yellow for mustard as well, frozen pound cake cup into strips for fries, then just assemble and stack- really easy and perfect for any fun party or even fathers day...

Jenni Call said...

LOL...I absolutely love the collage of your real family pictures. That is more life-like. Looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...