As I was getting ready for church on Sunday, Matt was watching me in disbelief. He says, "why do woman wear so many layers?". Now, a girl can't give away all of her secrets, so I'll just say what I said to him..."it is because of MEN that we feel we need to wear the layers!" Thankfully he was only talking about my clothing layers and not my make up layers. Especially since I wear very little on my face! I was extra layered up that Sunday because it was cold and I was wearing tights for the first time this chilly season. During the second hour of church I did whisper in his ear that I was feeling a little 'layered' and uncomfortable and then remember...it is FASHION...not FUNCTION, right? Actually...my layers are/were quite functional and help me to be more fashionable. Where was I going with all of this? Layers...So I thought about my answer back to him. Why is that I or WOMEN feel the need to layer up...I think a lot of it is how we view ourselves. Sometimes we just think that we are not good enough just the way we are (hence a recent post of mine) and we need to change things. I will continue to wear my Sunday layers because it helps me...but I am feeling a little less frumpy and grumpy! My week layers are leaving, slowly but surely. I've done my make up every day this week and not worn yoga pants once! That is serious progress! It is true...if you work on the spiritual and personal aspects of your life, the physical drama doesn't seem as important. I learned or relearned a lot from my lesson on Sunday I taught in Relief Society on prayer. Things have changed a little bit in our home and I can already feel a difference! The feeling of comfort and acceptance is a wonderful thing! I am feeling better...I'm back at the gym and working on the issues that plague me! One day or week at a time, right?
So this week...hair!As my hairdresser cut pounds of hair off, I really did feel my spirits rise and my gloom fade! As I looked at the enormous pile of hair on the floor (which was enough to make a wig), I was happy to leave it all behind. Fresh...is how I felt!
It took three days to complete the process, but it is done! Since I save a FORTUNE (my cost $15) on coloring and highlighting my own hair...it is worth the extra time!
Monday was COLOR...and WOW it was a little dark.
Please ignore the cold sore that won't leave!
Tuesday was HIGHLIGHTS...
I can't believe I am posting this picture!
The post highlight shot with the nasty 3 month grow out style! YUCK!
Wednesday...CUT!
I was going for this Victoria Beckham look...

My hair is MUCH thicker...so the results were a little different...
HOORAY, I feel like a new woman cutting off so much hair! The frump was cut off and the brain frump is thinning out!
20 comments:
That's hot! You look awesome as usual! I need a "blah" makeover myself! :)
Great Do!! Love the highlights.
I feel what you're saying about layers and our self image, etc...
personally i wish we could just wear jeans all the time.
Beautiful! Wow- you can work a different haircut and color like the best of them. I'm super impressed! Thanks for the reminder about carrying all our "layers" around with us. It's just what I needed to hear this morning when I'm feeling a little frumpilicious and discouraged. You rock!
Cute new hairstyle. Now I really need to cut mine!
Ha! I just got the same haircut while I was gone! It's so cute, how could we NOT, right? :) Who cuts your hair, I need a local hairdresser.
p.s. SUPER CUTE!
Very cute- I'm glad it's given you a boost.
Stunning and insightful! I love it!
You look fabulous and I can't believe you do that all by yourself...very impressive!!! About the layers thing, I believe I threw that out the door many years ago probably mostly because I have a husband that makes me feel secure and beautiful even when I am at my witty worst, as a mom comfort is critical!!!! Plus if you always look your glamour best, how & when do we give our husbands a chance to tell us we look like a hot mama?! Great job on your new look once again.
I love your hair- looks great. You look great in general. I wish as women we didn't put so many expectations on ourselves- but we do.
wow. foxy!
Absolutely stunning! I LOVE it. So impressed that you do your own color. The new you is great!
Love it, great cut. Impressive self dying as well! :)
WHAT! I cannot believe you did highlights yourself! Does someone help you pull it through the cap? That looks so professional. I love it!
You should do an instruction post on highlighting your own hair. That was amazing! My sister and I tried to do that once. . .I ended up paying a lot of money to have it fixed. Your hair looks great!
Thanks everyone, I love the new cut! I pulled my hair through the cap on the sides and then Jenni came over and helped pull it through the back. I have done the back on my own before in the mirror but it took forever! EASY!
Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Could you get any hotter??
you always look great!
Super Cute Ali! I love how you can do whatever you want to your hair and you are always looking like a super hot mamma.
Miss you
So cute, next time we're in town you're welcome to do mine =)
-K
I wish I could get my A-line to lay so nicely...but there's just too much wave to my hair? It's super cute and I need to do some highlights. I wonder if I could talk Tramp into pulling it thru a cap for me!? :)
Post a Comment