"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Opening Duck Day

Saturday at 3:00 a.m. Matt headed out with 2 truck loads of other guys to go duck hunting. It was opening day and they had to stake their territory early. The weather was cold and snowy which was great until the skies cleared up. Setting up decoys in the icy water was challenging but required. Matt was the only one in his truck to limit out with his 6 ducks: 1 mallard drake, 1 mallard hen, 3 gad walls and 1 blue-bill. They will be yummy to eat! He didn't come home with pictures of himself...stinker!
Justin in the water setting the decoys
yum...dinner!
He's really looking forward to some hunting at the end of the month when my dad comes to visit! I'm looking forward to more food in my freezer!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Yup, you're definitely a hunter's wife! I don't think I could do that. I like my food all ready packaged up nice and pretty!

Joanne said...

Nice work Matt, can't wait to go hunting with you.......quack/quack!

Dad

The Haley Family said...

Oh Sarah, dear! I don't clean them, YUCK! I'll cook them but that is it!

Elan said...

You are such outdoors-ie folks there in Nebraska! =) It's always good to have extra meat in the freezer.

Joanne said...

I just don't see the fun in wading into freezing cold water to wait in the cold for ducks to fly over....and I'm a duck hunter's wife, too. Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...