"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, October 10, 2009

early snow...boo hoo!

It is too early for snow, especially 6"+ accumulation! It was nearly 70 degrees on Wednesday and then a blizzard blows through. Sometimes living here in the midwest makes me upset! My flowers are still blooming and my trees are still full of leaves! The poor pumpkins are frozen. The kids think it is really cool and pretty. I do agree with the pretty part, until I have to leave the house and venture into town where the roads aren't plowed. Forcast for this week...back into the 60's. Winter, winter, go away!!


Brayden just had to TRY and ride his bike...he isn't ready to hang it up yet!


just a fun picture taken through my Halloween web decor outside.

See...green leaves!


The ditched bike left in snow...how sad!


Brayden have fun in the snow...he was dressed in full snow gear by 8:15 A.M.


Drew asked if he could shovel the snow for ONE dollar! Of course!
We spent most of the day inside staying warm and watching movies. I sewed nearly all day...finally making Ella the CUTEST dress ever with the apple fabric I've been waiting to use. Pictures later this week...
Matt was out duck hunting at 3 am this morning. Check back for a post soon!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Kris said...

You probably also hate it because you have to turn on your furnace.

Sarah J. said...

Ugh! That IS too early. Hope it goes away for AT LEAST another 2 months! ;)

me said...

I was planning on getting out of town while T was hunting in CO...but oh no, mother nature just couldn't agree to THAT. Hmph. I love snow, but this one didn't make me happy, even if it did save me money. ;)
Lookin forward to that dress pic!

Joanne said...

Your Nebraska weather will never be boring, that's for sure. I hope it's nice for Halloween. Stay warm. Mom

Hadzters said...

Can you believe all this snow! We had a great time playing in it yesterday as a fam... It's not just the snow but the frozen icicles :)

Hoffmann Family said...

Man I hate that white stuff!

Mackay Family said...

Holy Snow!!! That is crazy. I remember riding my bike in the snow on Christmas morning. I wish I could pay someone $1 to shovel my driveway! :)

Aaron & Nancy said...

It's cold here, but no snow. Hopefully it stays that way! It's too early!!

Elan said...

Ugh! No thanks on the October snow. You are so good to be that productive.

William Perry said...

what! snow? today was the first cold day out here. i am not a fan of the snow. enjoy it all for me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...