"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scouting 4 Food

Whoa, scouting has been a HUGE part of our lives the last month! The boys sold over $600 in popcorn, delivered pies, tied blue bags on front doors and collected food. They both attend scouts two nights a week and I am still Morley's leader for Webelos. They have been SUPER busy earning their badges and beads. Morley is on track to earn his Arrow of Light around the first of the year!
This week it was Scouting 4 Food. We combined with our ward pack and the city pack to deliver bags and pick up the food. We had 5 streets to tie bags on and it took a while. Picking up the food is much faster and more fun! The boys loved to "spy the filled blue bags" on the porches and see how many bags they could each carry. There were a few times I needed to help them safely to the truck. A few times the bags broke and we were scrambling to catch the rolling cans. The rain threatened to dampen our moods, but it quickly turned to sunshine.
I love the opportunities scouting provides for my boys to serve others!

I just thought this was a cool picture...
Drew with one of his many large loads!
The 'wanna be scout' Brayden
Morley and Drew

They filled the entire back of the truck with collected food! Yeah for a generous community!
The boys in the food bank. The shelves were completely stocked and there was another entire area filled with food that wouldn't fit!
just for fun...we live in a state full of CRAZY Husker fans! The whole front yard was converted to a football field! WHAT?
Pin It!

4 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Will you be Phillip's scout leader?? You pretty much rock...

Darci said...

What a fun experience. Your small town really gives back! Way to go boys!

William Perry said...

Nice touch on the field.

me said...

I'm glad this turned out as well as it did (according to the thanx on KSID) because it was very, very poorly planned and executed. Next to none of my girls got to help because I couldn't get anyone to call me back with details or admit that they were in charge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...