"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Christmas....


 

Christmas Eve morning started out a little rocky.  Over the weekend I was working on a last minute Christmas order when my sewing machine seized up.  Jenni was gracious enough to let me come over bright and early to use her machines, thank you!!  It was a fun order to do; two full size skirts and two matching American Doll size skirts!  I can't wait to see pictures of the recipients!  After doing several deliveries, present pick ups, and grocery shopping I was finally home by lunch time!  Matt went out bright and early to go deer hunting again but came home empty handed.  It was a different hunting experience for him with a cattle rancher east of Gurley but a very fun experience too!  He's looking forward to going out again this week!  I really wanted the kids to do another Christmas Eve baking activity and they chose sugar cookies.  Afterall, Santa needed cookies left for him!  Sadly, that is the only Christmas treat baking that happened in our house this year.  I think they did a great job!  While they were creating and baking I started preparing our traditional Christmas Eve dinner!  Oh, the house smelled so good!
 




 
After a yummy dinner we watched the Nativity story video put out by the church and a new movie called "In the Dark Streets Shineth" by David McCullough.  Brayden read us the story of Christ's birth from Luke 2, he did such a great job!  Then of course, it was time for their new jammies and ornaments.  I love that they are so excited over simple traditions.  Matt and I remember being the same way when we were kids!
Finally, we were able to get the excited kids into their beds with promises of Santa's arrival only if they fell asleep!  Afterall, not a present had been wrapped yet and it was going to be a late night for Santa's helpers too!  Well after midnight, the wrapping paper and any evidence of packaging and wrappers, gifts were under the tree. And just like that while I was getting ready for bed....Santa arrived and left magical footprints left behind!  Yes, it was snowing outside!!  What a surprise for the kids in the morning!  It is so fun to create a little magic for your kids.  Three of our four still "believe"!  Yes, it was snowing outside! 
 


Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Very nice! I love the glow of Christmas lights at night. Very nice boot prints! Funny we had the same idea. I used powered sugar...Phillip licked most of it off the carpet. He said Santa tastes delicious. Gotta love those strokes of brilliance. I hope we have another snowy Christmas!

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

The boot prints are such an awesome idea!!! You are such a wonderful mom, Ali... always making so many wonderful memories for those sweet kiddos of yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...