Thankfully, the kids slept in until 7:15 and we had a beautiful blanket of fresh snow. They not so patiently waited downstairs while their sleepy parents tumbled out of bed to get everything just perfect! The fire needed to be stoked, the music started, cinnamon roll dough rising. They kept trying to sneak a peek but with no success. After 20 minutes of excruciatingly WAITING they could come upstairs to see the magic! I loved watching all them scramble up the stairs!
Santa ate a few cookies and the reindeer chomped on several carrots before leaving. They were amazed that Santa left footprints this year. That was until Brayden tasted the footprint and he declared to me in private that it was flour. Hmmmm, maybe my kids are too old for some of the magical little extras! He wasn't phased and we moved right along to their stockings and Santa gifts! Ella couldn't keep her eyes of the giant Unicorn. She had the silliest little grin on her face as she patiently waited for everyone. We like to open gifts one at a time and make sure they know who each gift is from. The gifts from our kids were the best! Drew, Brayden and Ella all make multiple gifts in their school classes and scouts. Those are the ones that will cherished forever and displayed during the holidays for many years to come. "Half way" through we took our breakfast break and enjoyed homemade cinnamon rolls, sausage, left over cheese potatoes and orange juice.
Morley and Drew continue their college rivalry.
Aren't these hats the cutest?
Wow....that hair is amazing!
Confession...we LOVE to watch Duck Dynasty. Like love, love, love it. The kids are constantly rattling off one saying or another so I thought it would be fun to make them each a shirt with their favorites...cute, right?
We had an amazing Christmas and enjoyed spending the day together, just our little family! One of the highlights was skyping/face timing with our families! The cousin's were able to thank each other for their gifts, chat with our parents and even with Matt's 94 year old grandmother! Family is the most important thing in our lives and we are so thankful to have wonderful relationships with them! It was hard to see extended family that were together for the holidays while were are out in the flat lands by ourselves, I will admit. However, we cherish our time with just us too. Our Christmas was not extravagant. It was simple and it was wonderful. We finished our day watching movies and munching on leftovers. Perfection!
The traditions and memories we create will last a lifetime and maybe even into the lives of our children when they have their own families! I am thankful for my parents and for Matt's parents for instilling a love for our Savior, Jesus Christ and for His gospel. I am thankful that we can give that gift to our children as we continue to grow in the gospel together and strengthen our testimonies!
p.s. it is freezing outside so we are letting the cats sleep in the laundry room with Deacon. I am not too sure his is thrilled with them taking over his bed....we'll see how long this lasts!


3 comments:
Thanks for coming over to play on my machine. I'll do most anything to get you to come over. Maybe I sabbotaged your machine. Wink! Those hats are so fun! Good job the maker. Merry Christmas.
There is nothing better than having family time and making memories. We missed you more than you know. I wish it was easier for you to get here. Love you TONS!!!
Looks like it was a wonderful Christmas! We need to skype with you guys soon - I'm so sorry we didn't on Christmas day! Loved all the pictures - I'm still laughing at the last one. The look on Deacon's face is hilarious!
Post a Comment