"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas programs!

Morley had his Junior High Christmas concert and played in band and sang in choir!  He did a great job playing his baratone eventhough he didn't have a lot of practice time.  During one song they played the kazoo's, it was really funny.  Morley sang well in the concert but I think the boys thought they were too cool.  With only 21 students in the 8th grade and 15 in the 7th grade, everyone has to do band and/or choir.
 


 On Thursday Drew, Brayden and Ella had their Christmas concert.  It was quite the production for the k-3rd graders.  My friend Holly is the music teacher and is amazing!  She wrote a "Reindeer games" musical.  Students were either on the "red team" or the "green team" and dressed accordingly.  They sang eight songs that went along with the of Olympic theme and were very entertaining.  One of the last songs was "HOME" by Phillip Phillips.  They sang it with and had black lights, AMAZING.  Ella was a snowman and played the glockenspiel with three other classmates to the music.  I cried and I cried every time they rehearsed.  It is now one of our favorite songs.  There was confetti, balloons and a lot of coordination. I was also on "teacher duty" during the concert and sat on the front row to keep an eye on a handful of kiddos full of energy.  Easy peasy.  I wish I could have taken more pictures of Brayden.  He was in the back row on the stage most of the time so I only caught glimpses.  Thankfully Matt was taking the video!
 
Drew's performance was great, they sang a few songs and also used chimes and kazoos in a few as well.  He really enjoys singing and can't wait until next year when he can be in band. 
 
 
The kids before the concert.  Ella-green team and Brayden-red team, ready to play!
 

 
Ella with her good friend Zaili


 
Brayden with two of his best buds Mason and Scout
 

 
Everyone was so excited before the concert in their classrooms, it was a little chaotic...in a good way.
 
 




 
Ella and Natalie, I love these two together!
 
The next day at school, Santa came to visit the younger kids!   Ella was a little shy but still managed to tell him she wanted a scooter and coloring stuff.  *phew*


 
Brayden wanted a frog book and semi truck
again...*phew*

 

and I just had to take a picture of this bulletin board!  Drew's teacher and I came up with the idea to create something where students could be recognized for going the extra mile at school.  Any teacher or staff member can put a student on this board during the week.  On Friday's I pull them all of and choose five for recognition and announce who it is throughout the whole school.  They can choose a little prize from the "dragon's box".  This is the most full the board has been, it is excited to see the kids enthusiasm about it and searching for their own names during the week.  I love when good ideas can be carried out and succeed!!
 
It was a long week of concerts, parties, activities and holiday excitement!  I am ready for a two week break and so are the kids!  Matt will be taking time off too which we all will enjoy!
 
Merry Christmas!
 


Pin It!

1 comment:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

Seeing that picture of Drew in his program reminds me of the primary program when he had us all cracking up from being such a clown there on the stand. It's classic! Love Ella's outfit, too... looks like she had a lot of fun finally getting to participate in those things! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...