Wednesday evening we had our ward Christmas Musical Concert. It was amazing. A few weeks prior to the concert, we were encouraged to give our nonmember friends and neighbors invitations to join us for a wonderful evening full of Christmas music and celebrating the birth of our Savior. We gave out 12 I think between friends and teachers at the school. It was so much easier to hand out invitation this year for me. Our religion has become a topic of conversation many, many times at work over the last three months. I have enjoyed sharing, discussing and answering questions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Anyway, two teachers and a friend came to the concert and it was awesome to have them there! The Spirit was so strong as we sang our testimonies through the Christmas music! I am still very uncomfortable singing the the choir but I do enjoy it. Brayden and Drew LOVED having their teachers there! Drew sang in the choir with me and also in a trio with two other boys. Brayden sang with the rest of the primary kids and did great!
Being so far away from family, we truly believe that our friends here on the plains are our family. We rely on them in ways we wouldn't if we had our family close by. We cherish every friendship we have and only wish we had more time to spend with them!
Thursday night I hosted my annual ornament exchange! Oh how I love to have my friends over! I had to stay up in the early morning hours Wednesday night to get the house clean and final decorations completed. Six people couldn't come this year and we missed them dearly! I asked Jenni to take care of the "exchange game" and she found a fun nativity inspire 'left-right' game. They can get quite silly but it was fun and entertaining. Once again, I LOVE the ornament I received and can't wait for next year! Sitting around eating our goodies, drinking warm cinnamon apple cider and talking was just what my soul needed. I miss my friends in Sidney and I am so thankful they made the drive out to spend some time together! Thank you!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Being so far away from family, we truly believe that our friends here on the plains are our family. We rely on them in ways we wouldn't if we had our family close by. We cherish every friendship we have and only wish we had more time to spend with them!
Thursday night I hosted my annual ornament exchange! Oh how I love to have my friends over! I had to stay up in the early morning hours Wednesday night to get the house clean and final decorations completed. Six people couldn't come this year and we missed them dearly! I asked Jenni to take care of the "exchange game" and she found a fun nativity inspire 'left-right' game. They can get quite silly but it was fun and entertaining. Once again, I LOVE the ornament I received and can't wait for next year! Sitting around eating our goodies, drinking warm cinnamon apple cider and talking was just what my soul needed. I miss my friends in Sidney and I am so thankful they made the drive out to spend some time together! Thank you!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:
The ward musical concert sounds wonderful and a special way to invite friends.
You and entertaining...how do you make the time!
Miss you sis.
That was a fun musical evening. I enjoyed seeing all my friends singing. Thanks for hosting a fun evening with the girls. I look forward to it each year.
Post a Comment