"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, December 3, 2012

prepping for winter

One good thing about Daylight Savings: I am awake before the sun rises each morning.
I can sit and enjoy the natural beauty in the quiet of my home while my kids and husband continue to sleep, warm in their beds.  It takes my breath away every morning.



We finally can cut some wood to stock pile for the cold winter months ahead!  My dad bought a chain saw for work that needs to be done at the rentals.  In exchange, we do the work and also benefit from using the saw for ourselves!  Hooray!  Matt and the boys tackled the mountain of logs on our property.  Drew and Brayden were making me laugh as they used baseball bats to disassemble pallets.  I told them Uncle Will may not be happy with their choice of using a bat, but it sure was effective!



 We all worked hard for a few hours and filled up the truck and then unloaded and stacked all of it in the garage.  Matt was wise and cut the wood in smaller pieces so that we wouldn't have to split it also.  Another benefit, it burns much longer without being split!  We have to continue to teach the boys the art of hard work and how to work well.  There were tears and grumpiness before we started but once we got going, it was fun and very productive!  I love that they are old enough to contribute to the chores that need to be done outside and that their dad is working along side them, teaching them. 
 
 
*I also finally discovered Instagram*
uh-oh

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...