The house is decorated for Christmas and it feels so warm and festive!
We put a family tree downstairs this year that is filled with all of the kids individual ornaments. Matt and I didn't have room for ours this year! We had Christmas music playing in the background as the kids rediscovered their ornaments from years past.
This picture of Ella cracks me up, not sure what she is making that face at!
All done and beautiful!
I really enjoyed placing my collection of trees throughout our home. A cluster here and there along with our other decor brings me joy! Our stocking are hung and the wood box is full ready to help keep us warm!
This year I have a "pretty tree" upstairs. I found a 9' prelit tree last year on clearance and LOVE it! It has been sitting bare without a tree skirt for a week and finally this weekend I took some time and made a ruffled skirt. It looks really difficult but it was just two flat sheets and a glue gun, plus four hours. Ten ruffles later and a few blisters, I have a beautiful fluffy white skirt for my pretty tree!
I still need to add some garland to the tree and I love the silver and teal ornaments.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year! Our opportunity to focus on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, serving others and giving to those we love. However, it seems that the kids are bugging each other more and not able refrain pestering and bothering. I've thought about the "elf on a shelf" idea then decided that one: I don't have time to get so creative every single day, two: I want them to be good for the sake of being good and having the Spirit in our home. So....I think I am finally going to do a "straw in the manger". For every act of kindness/service you do for someone in the family, you can put one piece of "straw" in the manger. The goal: to have the manger soft for Baby Jesus by Christmas Eve. I remember doing this growing up. So, until I have a manger made of wood, I think I will have to make one and wing it this year....but we need to do something.
What are your Christmas traditions?

2 comments:
Ah! Your house looks so festive!!! I love it!!
The house looks beautiful, Ali! I have yet to put up our tree... I am such a slacker. Better get on the stick!
Post a Comment