Thursday morning I help Jenni take some pregnancy pictures before baby Everett arrived. When I got there, she said she had been having contractions. We took the pictures and I headed home to get ready for Morley's party. Then she called and told me she was admitted to the hospital and the baby was coming!! WHAT?? Talk about a surprise!
Once I had all of the boys off during their Nerf war I went and picked up the kids, packed their bags and geared up for sleepovers and fun!
Here are the our little friends ready to hang out for a few days.
She would send me occasional texts updating me on her progress, then a phone call around 5:00 to tell me that she already had him. Holy fast labor!! She decided to have the kids come in the morning so she could get some much needed rest! Mia was SO excited that little Everett finally came out of her mommy's tummy! Ella was beside herself with excitement and anticipation of seeing the new baby! A few weeks ago Jenni took Ella with her for one of her ultrasounds and ever since all she can talk about is "the baby" and when he was coming out! She is so funny!
Friday morning I brought the kids to the hospital to meet the little guy for the first time.
The little monkey is SO cute and SO tiny!
Ella had a chance to hold him after Mia and Phillip.
She was in HEAVEN.
and so was I!
I could just eat him up he is so precious! He makes the cutest little squeaks and facial expressions. Having the opportunity to hold a new baby, less than 24 hours old is priceless.
I can't wait to get my hands on him again! Jenni may have to fight me to get him back!
That is until he is hungry!
Welcome, little mister! We love you already! Jenni, you did good work!!
5 comments:
Wow, I am tearing up reading your entry. I feel so relieved knowing the kids were well-loved and taken care of. That is the best gift ever. Thanks for all you do.
YAY for Jenni! Welcome Everett! :)
There is no better therapy than holding a newborn. My little girls are just like Ella - love those babies!
Everett is a cutie. How wonderful to share that time with Jenni and kids.
Ella looking forward to when we can practice making a baby
Post a Comment