pictures my dad took Sunday night at Webb's
I can't believe it is already Sunday, again! This last week went by too quick! Every day was jam packed with something and our evenings stretched into the late hours!
Monday Matt and my dad went out hunting again. They were unsuccessful with the fowl but very successful blasting prairie dogs! Yes...prairie dogs! Matt introduced my dad to the sport of varmint control and they had way too much fun. I am NOT posting pictures of that hunt for your viewing pleasure! Lets just say that they both told us about their day with the excitement of a school boy! That part was hilarious! My mom and I continued to do a lot of various things. We started a sewing project that ended with my machine breaking! She felt bad since she was trying to sew so she bought me a new one! HOORAY for me! It is the one I have been visiting a few times a week at Wal-Mart. We tried it out and were in awe at the ease and capabilities of a digital machine! We had a great family night on obedience and listened to the sweet testimonies of my parents that they shared with us.
Tuesday was a 'work' day for my dad. I worked a few hours in the morning while my mom helped around the house with various projects! It was so nice to have an extra set of hands! I told her during the day that she should stay until Saturday and we'll take her to the airport instead of leaving the next morning. My dad said she should, and she did! I loved watching the interaction between my parents and the kids! There is nothing sweeter than having books read to kids!
We also put together homemade laundry detergent! It was so easy and so inexpensive! Each load will only use 1 tablespoon of detergent and it costs $.01 a load! For the amount of laundry I do I am going to save a fortune! It works awesome too! My clothes smell so fresh and they are softer to the touch! Thanks Kris for the powder version recipe!
And of course a picture of the kids with Nana & Pa.
and my parents and I.
It was hard to say goodbye to my dad Wednesday morning! We live too far away and don't get to see each other often enough! I am still so amazed at his weight loss over the last year! I can't wait to see him in February for Drew's baptism!
On Wednesday Ella spent a lot of time doing this
while I worked a few hours and my mom cleaned and organized my cupboards! HEAVEN! I didn't realize how much stuff I had just tossed in there! We also did yard work at a house that had a big tree cut down! Man...I think we did 8 trips to the tree dump over the span of a few days! Power tools are AWESOME!
There was a lot of this
and this
each day! Nana helped with school projects, tithing jars and game playing! So many wonderful memories were made during the week!
Thursday we attempted to take family pictures, again! I haven't seen any previews yet, but I sure hope some turned out! I was informed by Matt that it was my last chance! I am crossing my fingers! We also said goodbye to our awesome friend Mayon. She is moving back home and we are going to miss her dearly! Drew is single again since she was his girlfriend!
Friday was more work outside and finishing up a few projects we had started and made some whole wheat bread, YUM. I am officially opening an ETSY shop in the next few weeks! Thanks for those that have encouraged me to do so! I have a name picked out and a design is in the works. Stay tuned for more info!
Saturday we left for Denver at 7:15 a.m. for a baptism and to take my mom to the airport. The drive there was surprisingly great! Matt sat in the back with the kids so my mom and I could talk. Most of the time I felt like I was shushing five kids instead of four! It was so hard to say goodbye but at least I know we'll see each other again in 3 months...not 15! I had fun visiting a few craft and fabric stores to stock up on fabric for the new venture! I am pretty excited!
It was an awesome visit and I am so thankful for my parents! They have taught me how to be a good parent through their example and how to love unconditionally! I love you! Your timing was perfect and exactly what I needed to help lift the fog!





12 comments:
This was EXACTLY what you needed Allison!!! :) Sounds like you had a busy (yet WONDERFUL) week with your family!!
*by the way - I'm obsessing over your boots I see in that picture!! LOVE em'!
It is fun to hear about your week with mom and dad. I love that you accomplished so much and extended the visit. So, my husband said the same thing about a second family photo session - funny! Now, when do I get to see you?
Looks like you had tons of fun. I am so glad that you got to spend that time with your parents. Nothing like having family visit RIGHT!!! I didn't know Mayon was moving???? So you really like the detergent? Have you tried the dish soap one yet??? I'm glad you had a wonderful week!!!
Sounds like you got SO much done while your parents were there. I can't wait to see what you make with your new sewing machine! The detergent works good? I have heard about it, but wasn't sure...
Hooray for family visits! I am amazed at how much you accomplished while they were here! Your mom rocks! An etsy shop now?! What made you change your mind? Ironically, I just closed mine for a couple months to regroup. Thanks for coming over this evening
Congrats to your Dad, that's no small feat! I'm so glad your Mom was able to stay longer and that you had such a great visit and stellar Halloween! :)
How fun to have family visit. Sounds like you guys got tons done! I love the laundry detergent, too. I made the liquid stuff and it's fabulous so far. I did try the dish detergent and positively hated it, but I know it worked swell for Camy. Maybe it's just my dishwasher, but it was a disaster. I ended up having to scrub and scrape every dish by hand after it had gone through the dishwasher because they came out all white and spotty. Yuck. Anyhow, you may want to try it because I know it's worked great for others, but it was a little disastrous for me, so there's my word of caution.
What a wonderful visit, great memories, and an uplifting blog. Families are so important!
Yeah, what a fun trip with Mom and Dad! So glad you guys were able to do so many things. Nothing beats the company...next up...trip home! Now that is exciting when you haven't been back for a while!
I love you! You are sewing and making detergent in one pic, out working in the yard and using power tools in another, then loving and thanking your family/ parents/ kids... you are the best!
Okay so I need the exact recipe for the detergent, it looks all natural which I need (my kids have really sensitive skin so we use the free and clear stuff) but since #6 my washer and dryer never stop running it's so out of control and detergent isn't cheap so pass that recipe on over if you would be so kind, thanks...you look to be so productive taking care of so many things around the home front- there's always something to be done huh, your parents sound fabulous!!
Your post made me cry and miss you all over again. Thanks for making us feel so welcome and asking that I stay longer. You don't know how much that really meant to me. Love you so much! Mom
Post a Comment