Since we have lived in Nebraska, where it is FREEZING...Matt and the boys have a tradition that allows you to enjoy our surroundings during the winter.
ICE FISHING...
Morley and his big catfish
Matt & his massive Blue Gill
Brayden-just being silly
Drew & Brayden taking a break
I supposed it isn't a terrible activity, just so cold being on the ice from sun up to sun down! They do stay warm in their 'ice house' and have a little heater, snacks and plenty of snow to play in.
I enjoyed an entire day with just Ella! All of the Christmas decor was taken down, house cleaned and redecorated with our 'regular' stuff. It feels so empty, but I like the uncluttered feeling!
15 comments:
I have never been ice fishing, but it looks like the boys had fun. Nice photos.
Dad
Looks like they had fun!
I took all our decor down, too - and while the house feels different, I was ready for the clutter that is Christms decorations to leave. My house is too small for all of it but I just can't seem to part with it all.
What fun for the boys. I'd be with you though... at home in my nice warm house. I can't wait to put all my decorations away. I love getting things back to normal too.
What a neat activity with Matt. And a party for you and Ella. I agree with you about the uncluttered feeling once Christmas stuff is put away.
How fun for your boys! I'm glad they can do that together. I've never wanted to do that, honestly, lol.
And don't you just love the girl time every once in a while?
Looks like they had fun. Even more fun for you with just Ella. Pretty soon it will be a pedicure spa day for the two of you!!!
No WAY!!! Just hearing about it make me start to shiver! Cool tradition for the little polar bears though!
That looks like so much fun, but SO cold. I love that Matt and your boys are so close and do fun things together!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Come get your free David Bowman sign print! The offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th at noon! Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna
That looks like a lot of fun, so they must actually be standing on the ice??? Wow, very cool! We wook our Christmas decor down this weekend as well, sad but refreshing at the same time...I too agree, it always take awhile to get used to seeing everything so bare looking though!
I probably really should proof read my comments before I post, I can spell, that would be "took" and "takes." It's been a long Winter Break...back to the ole' routine!
Hey! What a great day for you! I love all the boys out on the ice. My kids were anxious to get back from CA so they could play in the snow and cold!! CRAZY! Happy New Year to you guys!!
Looks like fun! I can't believe how big Morley's catfish is! Is that normal for a catfish, or did he get some sort of record fish? Good job Morley!
I thought ice fishing is just what they do in cartoons! ;) I am really jeolous that your house is back to normal. I am still working on it...
i love putting away the Christmas stuff! The clutter almost kills me by the end of the season. but somehow every year I get excited to put it back up.
Post a Comment