Morley had his Pinewood Derby race and Pack Meeting tonight! He did a great job on his car (with help from Dad) and he was very excited! His car did SO MUCH BETTER than last year. Matt said he only lost 2 of the races he was in! That put a huge smile on his face! Between all the scouts that were there, we ran 42 separate races. That gave all the boys to race against each other on each of the 3 tracks. I think everyone had a great time.
I had the grand opportunity to really jump in with both feet into my calling as the Bear Den Leader! There was a big batch of 'nothing' during the meeting that needed to be filled last minute. So...up I go with Matt's notebook full of cheers and skits and start making a fool of myself infront of everyone. We were all laughing and it was a great time...but oh man...it was really hard to not feel dumb!
Morley doing some painting for his car
Morley with his car at the race
Mom & Morley, I love being his leader!
*********************************************
Drew had his Blue & Gold Banquet on Saturday. There were several Webelos that were receiving their Arrow of Light award and Drew was able to participate in the ceremony a little bit. The Pack had a Mountain Man come and do this huge presentation for the boys and it was amazing! I need to find out more about it for our Pack! Drew just loved listening to him talk about scouts! The Tiger scouts were on the stage with the Webelos, so they could see how important it was to start as a Tiger and go all the way to earn the Arrow of Light award! Matt and I are so excited that Drew is so excited about Scouting!
10 comments:
That man looks like fun! Congrats on a lovely car, Morley! I'm glad your boys had fun. I am T's leader and I love it too, the time is so little but means so much to them!
Wow! Where did that guy get his hat? I want one!
The boys must love having you so involved in scouts. Cute pictures. Oh, and I think you can stop losing weight now - yikes! Look at that jaw line. Love ya sis.
Way to go Morley! You have a mighty fine car. And way to go Drew the Tiger scout. Grandpa B would be so proud.
Wahoo! Pine wood derbies are so much fun!! Where did you find that mountain man? He is awesome. Morley's car looks pretty good too (for finishing last minute). Congrats to him on his bear badge
I loved doing derbies - that was my favorite part of being a den leader! We actually did a pinewood derby for a YSA activity once, and altered the rules a bit and it rocked!
How cool that you get to be a den leader for your own kids! Making a fool of yourself is totally part of the gig, ;)
Morley looks so old in those pictures! Its fun having the boys in scouts, I'm sure Matt is in heaven! And you look really good, I love your necklace.
I don't think you made a fool of yourself. It made me think of the goofy songs we'd sing at girl's camp! You did a great job adding in the fillers! Thanks for that!
the Pinewood Derby was a lot of fun. I think next year we should invest in a couple more tables so that it isn't so tempting to jump over the track. :D
Wow! Morley has grown up. The pinewood derby days were fun...
Man I have a lot to learn about scouting!!! Great job Drew!
Post a Comment