These are my favorite pair of heels...or least my favorite green pair!
They were my 'comfort' while teaching Relief Society today. I felt 'cute' wearing my favorite green shoes...and that helped my nerves, even if just a smidgen.
Thank you, green shoes!
*********
Speaking of my Relief Society lesson, I am really happy how it all came together. I really struggled all day yesterday trying to get everything to make sense. It was lesson 25 in the Teaching of Joseph Smith manual-talking about the parables that Christ teaches in Matthew 13.
I felt prompted to focus on the parables of the Wheat and the Tares and the Mustard Seed. As I stood up to begin the lesson...my knee caps were seriously twitching and my hands were shaking! As we discussed the lesson, it was amazing how the Spirit was there and it all came together! The sisters in the ward had some truly special experiences, insights and ideas to share.
As we discussed the Wheat and the Tares Parable (Matthew 13:24-30), a light when on in my head. It all of a sudden made perfect sense, in the simplest way. Once I understood that the
Field = World
Wheat = Righteous
Tares = Children of the wicked one
Enemy = Satan
Harvest = End of the world
Reapers = Angels
it was like a story to a child, instead of an intimidating parable that I couldn't comprehend.
In the parable, Christ teaches that the tares should not be removed from the fields until the wheat is ready to be harvested. Did you know that when wheat and tares are young, they look exactly the same?(I didn't until it was shared in class today) So...if the tares were taken from the fields to keep the wheat pure, wheat could have been easily harvested too early. The wheat needed to stay in with the tares so that they could grow stronger. If we use the comparisons from above, we know that the righteous (wheat) cannot become stronger if we do not have opposition (tares). By keeping the wheat among the tares, missionary work is possible. We cannot segregate ourselves from those who do not know about the gospel. Our testimonies grow stronger as we have the opportunity to share them! We need to share our knowledge so the entire field can be ready to harvest, and none should have to put in the fire!
I am thankful for the opportunity to teach the lesson (I was a sub) because I dug into the scriptures in a way I haven't for a while. It is one thing to 'read' them, and it is another to 'study' them. I just need to do this on a regular basis!!
16 comments:
Yep, those are pretty stinkin' cute! I'm sure you did a GREAT job on your lesson- way to go!
Thank you for sharing about your lesson. I'm glad it went well. I think I need to find a cute pair of green shoes now!
What a beautiful post from a beautiful girl! I love your new profile picture!
I love green...and I love shoes, but I would have loved even more to be there to hear your lesson. I bet you did great and I'm glad the shoes made it all better! =)
Congrats on a job well done and learning yourself along the way...I think that's half the 'fun' of the bible, the revelations you get to make about yourself and the world around you while you're working on another issue. Love. The. Shoes!
You gotta love a great pair of shoes for a big ol' confidence boost!
I love it when things just click together. All those years of almost getting it and then in that one moment it's revealed to you!
I'm impressed - I loathe teaching in church, it absolutely terrifies me! So much so that I obsess about it and get to the point where I can't even get spiritual, just feel that terror. I suppose I don't have enough faith. I'm just waiting for the day that I get called as a teacher to get over it.
Ohmigosh! How do you get your toes inside those shoes? I'm a sucker for straight toed shoes--my unfortunate toes are almost all the same length. Do you know how hard it is to find straight toed shoes!! Our teacher did a good job on that lesson today as well. I gotta hand it to ya, this JS manual seems just as hard as teaching gospel doctrine (trust me on that latter part).
Alison. I've always loved those shoes. Actually, ALL of your shoes are fabulous! But I do love these ones a lot, too!
As I told you in the hall - your lesson truly was inspired. It really hit home with me (as well as others) and you did a wonderful job bringing the Spirit into the class. Isn't class participation wonderful? Bummer we couldn't get to the Mustard Seed parable - but that's okay, I'll be studying that today for my scripture study.
Good job & thank you!!!
I loved your lesson and thought you did a fabulous job. You're a natural and I can bet you'll be used at least as a sub again!
Love the shoes, now I have to see the dress that went with them!
Of course, love the shoes... I need a whole closet just devoted to heels!
Awesome lesson as well!
I love a cute pointy toe shoe! Thanks for an uplifting post!
I want to get a cute pair of green shoes now! Your lesson sounds like it was wonderful! Wish that I could have been there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Darling shoes! I bet you looked great in them. Thanks for sharing your lesson. I miss going to RS sometimes. (I've served in various primary callings for over 4 years now.) Anyway, sounds like your lesson was great. It's so true about adversity. We just can't grow without it.
That's a great parable...and a great pair of shoes. I'm glad the lesson went well. I love how much more I learn when I have to prepare a lesson.
I haven't been on your blog for awhile. Isn't it great when a lesson just seems to flow. I'm glad you had the opportunity to share your great spirit with the sisters in your ward. You are awesome and I love you. Mom
Post a Comment