After we tried and tried to schedule a pool party at the local hotel for Drew's party...and not having any success, we decided to do a party at our house. He invited 10 little friends, and ALL of them came. Matt was going to be gone on a Scout Campout, so I was going to be solo, with 14 kids in the house! Luckily I was saved by an awesome friend, Sherrie, who stayed with me and helped me out! It ended up being a really fun night, with a little chaos. I did have to break out my recess whistle to get their attention a few times! It was funny!
They had a little of this...
and a lot of this...
and loved this!
.jpg)
the rowdy bunch of munchkins!
*****************
at our 'family party' he thought we was so cool wearing his new Under Armour sweatshirt and down vest! What a goof!
He was so nice he did not request an elaborate cake this year!
He was thrilled with is #7 cake, yeah!
10 comments:
Oh my, I'm not ready for multiple kid parties! That is why I like summer bdays, you can just throw them out in the backyard. I go with 'you can only invite as many as you are old' for my own sanity. LOL I'm glad it went great and that he had a good birthday. YAY FOR YOU!!!
Yay for Sherrie! :)
What a fun party. Why is the birthday boy the only one not smiling in the picture. =)
I was going to recommend IGOR, but I thought Drew would already have a favorite picked out. You are a brave woman and such a great mom.
Looks like a great party...and all by your lonesome- what a brave mom you are! On a side note about your derby post...our pine wood derby is coming up in a few months (I'm not sure who's more excited about it, seriously my son or his dad) It's just as much bragging rights for the dad as it is for the son, great bonding times though for sure! How fun to be your sons Bear leader!
You brave woman! Loved the recess whistle! I can just see you tooting the whistle!! LOL. That would have been a fun picture. The food looked good, the cake cute, and the kids delicious!!
Seriously I don't know how you keep up with yourself. I love the kissables, so cute and colorful. Off the point- don't pass out but I have my cards done ALREADY!!!!!
You're awesome! I would be terrified, but you totally pulled it off! That's a pretty cool gift from him to you with a nice, simple cake.
I have to ask - what shoes did you wear for this event? lol
Fun party! You're an amazing mom, hopefully your kids appreciate you, but I know they probably don't as much as they should!
Looks like you guys had a fun party this weekend too! Love the cake! It's simple, yet cute. That's hilarious that you had to blow a whistle to get their attention. I'd say Matt lucked out on this one!
I was informed that it was fun!!!
Did you watch 'Igor'? was it cute?
Hey Alison, Great party idea. Looks like everyone had a great time! Love your blog too.
Post a Comment