"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm outta here!

Matt surprised me with a little get away to Utah this weekend! He found me a ride, arranged for me to stay with his sister and THEN let me know it was all set and I WAS going. Just me and Ella for the weekend! Isn't he the BEST!!!

Being my TYPICAL self...I tried to tell him I COULDN'T go...kids, chores, money, teaching primary (as a sub), etc. He wouldn't give into my excuses, and I must say, I am thankful. I DO need to get out of town, if only for a few days. I realized I haven't left this tiny town of Sidney for nearly 6 months...SIX MONTHS people!

I am so excited to see my sister and little nephew who I haven't seen since August. And my Sister-in-laws and their kiddos (and brother-in-laws of course). It will be a whirlwind trip...but with just one tiny person to worry about...it will still be fun!
Pictures to follow for sure!

I CAN'T WAIT! 5:00 can't come fast enough!!
Pin It!

8 comments:

Lori Davis said...

Have fun girl!! I love that... I am going to try and find a clever way to have Scott check out this blog entry of yours!!

Amber Smith said...

Have a great time Alison! You deserve it! :-)

Mackay Family said...

So fun! I have that you and Ella have this weekend. You have a great husband!

Hoffmann Family said...

Can you squeeze me in for a visit? Please!

Darci said...

Oh, you sure deserve a little get-away. Matt is really paying attention I see!

Her Royal Highness said...

We missed you at church yesterday - but I'm so glad you were able to get away! I look forward to the "post" post.

Maran said...

Good for you! Did you have a good time? Sometimes all you need is a nice long weekend away. . . I could use that right about now. Hmmm....

Christine said...

I may be too late to hope that you have a good time, but I hope you did have a good time!

That's really sweet of your hubby to do that for you and Ella.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...