"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a week in review...

phew...what a week! I can't believe I haven't posted that whole time...sorry for being such a slacker!

My Dad flew into town on Wednesday and stayed until yesterday! There was a lot talking, eating (only healthy of course), hunting (only the men), more talking and just having a good time!

Matt took my Dad hunting two different days for duck & goose. Isn't this picture just awesome! I love the way Brayden is leaning backwards in order to hold the goose up off the ground, it is nearly as big as he is!



The kids had such a great time with their "Pa" and it was a lot of fun to watch them together!

(don't you just LOVE how my kids cooperate for a picture...SERIOUSLY!!!)


*****************************************

Oh...and I don't think I ever mentioned the poor luck my van has had. Things come in 3's...right!? So...#1...in June we had a little accident and it dented our back door and it won't be fixed anytime soon. Then...#2...in August on our way to our family reunion in Idaho, our driver side tail light lens just blew off. I have had red tape over the absent area since then! And...#3... just 4 weeks ago...a freak windstorm incident resulted in our back side window exploding!! So for the last 3.5 weeks I have been driving around Sidney with a black plastic bag taped over the whole in my van! I was the ultimate REDNECK girl driving around town! FINALLY...I found a window at the local junkyard along with my new tail light. We fixed both ourselves last week and probably saved $200 in labor! YEAH!! So...now I just have the dent in the back, but I can deal with that, for now anyways!

It has been an emotional, free-ing, learning, growing, and exhausting 6 days. I am thankful for amazing parents and an amazing husband.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Darci said...

What a great week. I'm sure the kids loved having dad there. We sure miss you over here.

Joanne said...

It was a great visit to the Haley's in Nebraska! Thanks for being great hosts.

Dad

Sarah J. said...

Big bummer about your van- I have to say though, I would've loved to have seen you driving around with black garbage bags in your window! Miss Alison... so chic and savvy. ;) Too bad you don't live close- we would've given you a killer deal to have it all fixed. At least you were able to do it yourself- that's more than most people can do! Good for you. Now go celebrate your weight loss!!! I'm still envious of you! :)

Courtney said...

What a freak storm! Good thing you guys were not in the car when the window blew. We ran over ahuge dog on the freeway a couple years ago. The dog took out our front lisence plates and messed up our bumber. I still need to get that fixed :)

Jill said...

I would have loved to seen you driving around with red tape on your brake light AND a garbage bag on your back window!!HAHAHA Hilarious! But that totally sucks on the pocket book! And I read your blog all the time missy! I just don;t always comment because of my wonderful son who likes to get into everything when I am on the computer!! Right now he just happens to be napping! :)
love ya!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...