the bread saga continues...
I asked my friend, who's bread recipe I have been TRYING, to grind my wheat for me. She did, and it was beautiful! I tried the recipe again, and it turned out much better...but she said it still should have raised well above the top of the pan. ugh! She is going to come over and help me next time...I must be doing something wrong.
So on Monday I tried another recipe passed along by a different friend. This recipe literally took 5 hours from start to finish. Lost of sitting, rising, punching, rising and rising again. But in the end, it was beautiful! I could have let it rise a little more in the loaf pan, but the difference was clear!
I am going to perfect this, there is nothing like homemade bread! I do wish I had a bread maker though...how much easier would that be!?!?
11 comments:
Nice work Ali. Check out the suggestions I sent you and see if it helps. I am eating some of Mark Howard's bread that they brought over last week. I agree, there is nothing like homemade bread. Especially hot from the oven. Mom
What a dedicated woman you are! Now, when do I get to enjoy a warm loaf? Hmmm.
Nice work girl! Beautiful bread. I lost your e-mail address so I put my sil e-mail on your fitness blog.
Look at you! I am impressed... I decide to jump on your blog tonight and see what my friend has been up to and of course you never cease to amaze me. BTW, is Ella that old???
Seriously, bread makers are the way to go. I through my stuff in and take it out after the dough cycle. Roll into another pan, let it rise and bake it in the oven. It gives it the more "homemade" look. Trust me. It was well worth the $70. Gotta to hand it to you--very dedicated to the bread thing.
Alison, come to my house now! And bring your bread... I've got the butter and honey.
Seriously more beautiful than your last attempt! Well done. I hope Jeremee can help you figure that one out!
And bread makers are a lot easier, yes, but not nearly as rewarding as when you finally get it "right". IMO, breadmaker bread is NOT homemade bread. It doesn't have the *love* put into it.
I vote for the bread maker! Yummy and less work! But very nice work mind you!
*clapping* Mahvelous, dahling, mahvelous. I'm SERIOUSLY drooling over here now, thanx!
I have a bread recipe thats easy that I can email you. But it uses bread enhancer, but you can buy it the next time you are in utah if you don't have it there or don't want to order it :)
I found a friend that is going to let me have some bread enhancer and I will CERTAINLY be trying the bread AGAIN this week. If it doesn't work...I may seriously DIE!
Post a Comment