"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Friday, November 7, 2008

pony tails & growing up

This week was a big milestone for Ella. She turned 18 months on Monday! She attended nursery for 2 hours on Sunday, and did so awesome! Matt dropped her off and she didn't even cry. Maybe that was because he totally snuck out...but she stayed in there and was perfect. My first Sunday without her, I had to substitute in Primary, so I look forward to next Sunday when I can stay in class the entire time!


Next, I am loving the whole girl thing. Big surprise, I know! I love doing her hair every day, and yesterday we tried something new. A big girl pony tail! It was so cute, I just had to take a picture. It didn't stay in very long, Ella's fingers were just to curious!




October 2007-after her haircut by big brother...her hair grows fast, thankfully!



I put her on our bathroom scale and she is 24 pounds and measured 32 inches! Still long and lean!
Pin It!

14 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, she's almost caught up to Bryce...ha ha.

Lara said...

She is way beyond adorable. LOVE the ponytail!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Congratulations! We were so happy to have Madelyn go into nursery and she also loves it. I am jealous of all of Ella's hair. We aren't even close to the ponytail stage yet. Of course, she wouldn't leave it in even if I could get one in!

Annie said...

That's so fun! I love the pony tail! Our blog is now private by the way so if you want to, you can email me your email to pouland80@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to view it.

Sarah J. said...

She's darling. I love it too when their hair is long enough that you can start pulling it back off their face. I think all little girls look so darling with their hair up. Enjoy having the one hair-do to do everyday... I'm already adjusting my routine to allow more time to do THREE hair-dos!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie for sure. Can you believe how big she's gotten in a year. WOWzer!

Joanne said...

I love the pony tail. Not quite as thick as her mommy's hair at that age. What fun you are having with your little girl. I wish I was going to be there with Dad this weekend. I am jealous. Love you, Mom

Darci said...

What a cutie! She is growing so quickly. Lucky for you she loves to be primped by her mommy.

Mackay Family said...

Such a cute little girl. The ponytail makes her look so grown up! Glad that you got a little girl after 3 boys!

Her Royal Highness said...

Yay for nursery!!!! Ahhh, I can just imagine the relief & peace I'll see on your face come Sunday during RS. :)
I've tried doing the big-girl pony in Princess' hair, she hates it. She hates having ANYTHING in her hair,now that I think about it...
Bummer. Girls are so fun and mine just isn't.

Anonymous said...

That baby pic is so cute. It reminds me of the first time we saw her. All bundled up in her car seat after a long ride from NE. She is total sweetness.

M. Wright said...

So cute! I love the pony tail. They always look so good at first, and then within the hour hair is everywhere, but atleast we try. She has grown so much, happy 18th month Ella. And think, this is your last time to put a child in nursery, i bet it feels good!

Christine said...

She's SO cute!

I love the 18 month mark when I can actually go into a class instead of walking the halls all the time. Although, without a squirming baby, I have a really hard time staying awake, lol!

Amber Smith said...

She's sooo dang cute! So I came across this website this morning - and I know you will LOVE the clothes here. They have Ella's name written all over them! LOL! (Matt - don't hate me) ... The clothes are a little pricey! But adorable! :-)
www.teacollection.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...