"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, October 6, 2008

weekend project

I found this little gem at the end of someone's driveway on Thursday. No...I didn't just take it. The 'owner' was home and I asked him if it was destined for the dump and he said I could have it! Yeah! I knew what I wanted to use it for.

Before

After


It now houses all of Ella's toys and books! It is not located in the 'original perfect place' but to its new perfect place! I love when projects turn out!!
Pin It!

14 comments:

Darci said...

GORGEOUS! What a fun DIY project. I love how it turned out.

Krista said...

I love it! What is on the panels of the doors? It looks great.

The Haley Family said...

pattern paper is the polka-dot insert. I was going to sand all the edges, and maybe I will later. We'll just see.

THANKS!

Sarah J. said...

VERY chic, VERY cool! Great vision! I love it when someone else's trash becomes someone else's treasures! WAY TO GO!!!

Rebecca said...

Awesome! I love recycling---especially when it turns out so cute!

M. Wright said...

cute! i hope ella is feeling better

me said...

LOVE IT! You go girl! Thanx for sharing your creativity and kudos to you for recycling.

Anonymous said...

That looks so great, nice work!

Maran said...

It"s so fun to find little treasures like that! (Especially when they're free.) Great work on the furniture facelift!

Her Royal Highness said...

Can I just tell you how jealous I am?! I've been needing something like that for the LONGEST time & have tried keeping my eyes open. I saw something the other day sitting on the corner when I went to Cap'n's house & when I turned around to look at it again, the whole pile of furniture/crap was gone!!! There was something similar to your treasure sitting there that I had high hopes for. :(
Your redo is beautiful!!!

Aaron & Nancy said...

It looks like your "to-do" list is almost complete so when can you come to my house?

Lara said...

VERY cute. I want to get my hands on one of those!!

khepworth said...

SWEET! I love fix 'er uppers. Especially when they turn out CUTE!

Shauna said...

Beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...