"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin'

Last Monday (yes, it has taken me a week to post) we went our preferred Pumpkin Patch to do our annual pickin'. We went after work and it worked out perfect. We were the only family there, hardly any wind (amazing) and just chilly enough to wear a light jacket. The weeds were still very tall, but I think they boys liked 'hunting' for their favorite, perfect pumpkins.

We filled the wheelbarrow, but then had to pick which ones very our VERY favorite ones. We picked 9...small, medium and large sized pumpkins. And...the were only $1 each!
I think the lighting was perfect for some neat pictures and the sky were also beautiful!



Pin It!

13 comments:

Lara said...

You got some priceless pictures there! Such a cute family!

Sarah J. said...

GREAT pictures!!! You're right... the lighting was perfect! Those are priceless. I'm hoping for a perfect day to go soon too.

Christine said...

How fun! I LOVE pumpkin patches. My fave pic is the one with all yours kids and your baby in the wheelbarrow on top of the pumpkins. That's so cute!

Darci said...

What a great deal on pumpkins! =) The backdrop of the photos is beautiful. Cute kids too of course!

William Perry said...

Ali-
That's cool, they probably live in Arlington...do you have his/her email? I could add them to "the network" and shoot out an email about what I'm looking for. Looks like you guys are all ready for Halloween! I'm going to Omish country up in central Pennsylvania this weekend. I'm sure we'll see plently plump pumpkins! (among other interesting things!)

Anonymous said...

So fun, I remember going with you a few years!
We're gonna find one this weekend!

me said...

You PREFER W alkers? Seriously? Any specific reason why you prefer the drunk man over a bit farther drive? LOL I'm glad you had fun and I too love that shot of the kids in the wheelbarrow! :)

The Haley Family said...

Elizabeth...we've never seen the guy that lives there in our 4 years of going. And...you can't beat $1 pumpkins! "other" places are too overpriced for me.

Joanne said...

You guys do such a great job of creating memories. I wish we were closer to experience some of these fun times with you. Thanks for helping us feel closer with all your pictures. Love you, Mom

khepworth said...

A BUCK a pumpkin?! I think I needs to go find a patch here in UT. We've never been to one in our 10 years of marriage. Maybe it's time we start.

Shauna said...

Love the pictures :) Your blog is awesome!

The Butterfield Family said...

Well, then I will have to post a comment too....thank YOU for having such a cool sister to be friends with, I am truly blessed! You are such a fancy blogger!

Anonymous said...

I love fall pictures. It makes me want to scrapbook. BTW, we got your WAY cute, simple card yesterday. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...