"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, October 6, 2008

OKTOBERFEST...


The first weekend in October is always 'OKTOBERFEST' in Cheyenne County. It is a huge 3 day event...with a lot of events, contests, performances, etc. The highlight for us is the HUGE PARADE Saturday morning. There is no other parade in Sidney, except the Oktoberfest parade, and it lasts for 2 hours!!


waiting for the parade to start

just 'trying' to get a kid picture


I just LOVE the bag pipers! Why do I get choked up??

Matt & the boys headed out 30 minutes early to 'save seats'. It was a little chilly, but it didn't stop they boys from snatching up TONS of candy and Ella from dancing to all the music!


Dad trying to keep Ella & Brayden warm


Mommy & Ella
Then...they boys BEGGED Matt to take them fishing...and he did! What a good Dad! The boys were pretty excited about the bass they caught! Not too shabby! Great pictures honey!


Pin It!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ya gotta love good dads! Looks like fun!

me said...

I really like that one with all three boys with the fish, it's precious! WTG Matt! :) So what do you think of having obscene amounts of candy in your house just 3 weeks before Halloween?

Darci said...

What a fun day. I'm impressed that Matt has learned the importance of picture taking. Yeah!

Joanne said...

I hope you ate these fish, this whole "catch and release" thing is overated.

Dad

Her Royal Highness said...

Looks like a great day! I wish Popeye had the patience to take the kids fishing & that the kids had a little more patience when he actually gives in to their requests.

Anonymous said...

You gotta love that the one time a year Sidney shows some community spirit, it revolves around beer and brats. I guess you take what you can get eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...