"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 18, 2008

Who doesn't LOVE the 1st day of school??


The first day of school is a joyous day!!

I remember growing up thinking my mom was "so mean" when I overheard her one time saying she couldn't wait until school started!
Now...I understand her anguish.

Luckily...Morley and Drew were just as excited to start again. They did get up on time, got ready without any hassle, ate breakfast and we were ALL out the door by 7:50 a.m.

For some reason Morley thought he was too old to have his picture taken with is teacher...um sorry buddy...SMILE!!

Morley is in 4th grade and at a new school, which is only for the 4th graders. This year will be quite different than 3rd grade, I can tell already. He was sent home with a day planner and several things to help him keep on schedule and well organized! YEAH!

Drew is in 1st grade and VERY excited about his teacher, Mrs. Ball. His school only has K & 1st...so now he is the big guy in school!! Drew said he didn't learn anything today...he knew it all already from Kindergarten! okay...Mr. Smartypants!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Our summer seems to be over as well. It's raining today and very muggy. Cute pictures of the boys. Fun times. Mom

Darci said...

Have fun at school boys! I can't believe you start so early.

Mackay Family said...

That is exciting! I love your shirt! (Where did you get it?) They both look adorable.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE LOOKIN GOOOOOOOOOD, MRS HALEY! Sgt must have taught you some good tricks. ;) I'm so glad the boys got off to school ok and how cute does Wellman look? What a hip teacher? A day planner? REALLY? In 4th grade? Yikes! T said she wanted Ball last year b/c they had baby chicks in her class, so be prepared for that adventure! :)
p.s. I too used to think moms were so mean for wishing summer break over but these last two weeks...I totally got it. ;)

Sarah J. said...

Dang girl. You're lookin' GOOD!!! (And your boys are super cute too!). Way to go!!!

Esther Ogden said...

I LOVE the first day of school!!! By the way, you look adorable! I love your hair! =)

Anonymous said...

well I was going to say how great you look... as did everyone else! Too funny!

Her Royal Highness said...

The first day of school! Woot Woot!! The best day of the year (aside from tax refund day, my birthday & Christmas (see a theme? I get something on each of these days!)!!!
yeah, Mr. Fantastic is a know-it-all, too - so far. :)

Joanne said...

I totally forgot to tell you how awesome you look. Evidently, the vacation didn't do anything to your goals. Remember when you put your head on the body of someone you thought you'd like to look like. Well, you've made it girl. Congrats. Love ya, Mom

Jill said...

ummm who's the super skinny chick with the 2 cute boys! Dang girl you look good! You always have, but I have not seen you in forever...I wish my waist looked like yours!

Courtney said...

Your boys are so cute! Ours start tommorrow, smae grades too. The noise level will go way down. I think I haev reached You have seriously lost a lot of weight, hot girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...