"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

sIcK-o CiCaDa

the not so little buggers are so stinkin' loud! The boys discovered these 'shells' on our neighbors tree the other night.




Kind of neat...but kind of gross to look at. I swear the bug is 3 inches long...

eeeeeewwwwwwwww!



looks like a scene from a movie...the back of the 'host' is cracked open so 'something' can escape!

Pin It!

3 comments:

alison said...

well, when you put it that way....

I had a little friend years ago who would collect all the shells from the trees in her backyard. yuck.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Did you HAVE to share that? *scratching* I don't mind the noise, but we don't live too close to their fave trees. When we did, I hated them too. LOL

Darci said...

DISGUSTING!!! I'm glad you can't see the expression on my face right now. Yuck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...