"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, August 24, 2008

divide & conquer

do you ever have those days when you have to do so many things that you are not sure how it is all going to happen. When your husband has to be one place, you in another and then meet together for another event as a family?


This was our Saturday...

5:45 a.m. The alarm goes off...Matt has an Elders Quorum 'get together' in the morning...breakfast and shooting.

7:00 a.m. everyone is awake in the house and I am trying to get 'things done' before I have to leave...as soon as Matt gets home...

9:30 a.m. I take the begging children to our neighbors to see the 10 puppies that were just born. SOOO...tiny and so cute. I might of considered getting one if there was a yellow lab...but no...all black.

11:00 a.m. waiting for Matt to arrive home so that I can leave for my day away...for SUPER SATURDAY. 11-5...WHERE IS HE??

11:25 a.m. Hubby arrives home...we 'discuss' why he is late. We talk about who is taking who and when to meet up again. I leave with Ella and he takes the boys.

11:30 a.m. I arrive at the church for Super Saturday excited to tackled the 45 blocks I have to paint & sand...no more hints...they are gifts! I didn't even get started on my other projects!

6:00 p.m. finally leave the church. Exhausted, sweaty but happy to have had a day to myself. Well kind of...I guess sharing the day with your friends isn't 'by yourself' but I was doing what I wanted without interruption!

6:30 p.m. changing the whole family into our church clothes so we can race back to the church for a baptism. Let me tell you...there was one child who refused to get ready...which made the whole task of RACING impossible.

6:50 p.m. at the church, taking pictures of Willie & Matt. So excited for him to be baptised!

9:00 p.m. finally headed home after a long day. Ella fell asleep on the way home...the whole 1.5 miles.

9:30 p.m. kids are asleep

10:00 p.m. Matt and I start watching a movie...21...it was pretty good




boys holding the new puppies



"Uncle" Willie & "Aunt" Becky after his baptism with our oh-so well behaved kids

Pin It!

5 comments:

Mackay Family said...

What a crazy day! Those puppies are so cute!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Sounds very familiar! We also watched that movie this weekend.

khepworth said...

Love the last picture of your boys. That is totally how my boys would be acting/looking if their pic. was being taken. That is if you littlest guy is crying. Mine would be crying.

Thanks for signing up on mp3fiesta. I got free downloads.

Your family picture header is great. You remind me so much of Sarah.

Darci said...

You are Wonder Woman! I'm glad you had fun and finally got to relax! That picture of the boys is hilarious - I think they were DONE!

Anonymous said...

I don't check your blog for a day or two and you get all prolific on me! :) I'm glad you had a good and productive Saturday and I think those kidlets are pretty tootin cute!
p.s. I have days like that constantly! *high five* for BTDT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...