So...the last 6 days I have been sick. Which is why I haven't posted in a while. I "never" get sick...unless you count my pregnancy with Ella...then I was "sick" for 7 month straight! Wednesday night I started getting the aches, chills, etc. Thursday I knew I was in trouble when the sore throat showed up. Friday I had a temperature and the cough set in. Saturday more of the same. I stayed home from church on Sunday so I could rest, and it was great. The fever was pretty much gone but this stinkin' cough is killing me. I am coughing so hard that I get dizzy, headaches and my throat is raw from it all. Over the weekend, my fever was 102...I can't remember the last time I checked my own temperature! My nose is so sore from all the wiping that now I am just sticking pieces of tissue up there. It is not pretty, but it works. Ella tried to pull them out, it is funny! My mom had a good idea last night when I was telling her about my tissue...she suggested using a "feminine hygiene product" up my nose...they are much more absorbent and easy to pull out! Ha ha!!!!!! I thought about making a "youtube" video or something but then decided against it. Sorry if that little bit offended anybody...but seriously...wouldn't it work great!!!
So...my awesome parents called me to see how I was doing and they were telling me to go to the emergency room. I was like...are you kidding me...I am not dying! I told them that we have never been to the emergency room and we have 3 boys...I wasn't going because I was sick. They laughed (I think), I laughed and thought I was going to die from the massive coughing fit I had. I though to myself...like they would have taken themselves to the E.R. when they were my age, after all I am 31! Love you guys!
I did finally get an appointment yesterday. It was for 11:15 a.m. I arrived 15 minutes early on purpose so that I could maybe get in a little early. I should have just stayed home, seriously! I didn't get in to see the Dr. until nearly NOON!!! I was home by 12:30...and lets just say that am NOT INFECTIOUS...anymore at least. The DR gave me a prescription for a strong cough medicine to take at night so I can sleep (much needed), and an ADVAIR inhaler to do 2 times a day. I am not a fan of the inhaler...I can feel the particles going into my mouth. OH...and did I mention that the DR said to make sure I drink water after I take the dose so I don't get THRUSH?? So...I do exactly what she is saying but the inside of my mouth feels all weird and irritated. I am not allergic to anything...so maybe I need to drink 32 ounces right after instead of only 8. Who knows.
All I know is that I am tired of being tired, sick of being sick.
I don't want to sleep on the couch anymore. I am SO excited to leave on a little vacation tomorrow to Seattle, with Ella, to visit my parent and sister & her family for 5 days! I can hardly stand it. I will take pictures to post. So...I think I am on the mend. I better be at least, I have to fly tomorrow!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, sounds like a miserable week. Hope you enjoy your week here in the NW!
Post a Comment