warning...this is a long post. Since this is basically my "journal"...I am documenting the entire trip.
My flight was at 12:20 in Denver, so I had to leave around 8am from Sidney to get there in time. Remember...it is a 2.5 HOUR drive to the airport. I thought I left in plenty of time, but then had to stop and feed Ella along the way. I started to get nervous about arriving on time, but I did...about 45 minutes early and I only had 1 bag to check. Ella and I boarded the plane and settled into our seat, luckily the plane was only 60% full and we had "family boarding" so we had our pick of location. I was hoping Ella would sleep the whole flight but she only napped for about 45 minutes, which is better than nothing. She did great with the air pressure though I do wish that she took a pacifier for such occasions...her finger sucking was hard to "manage". We landed a bit early, picked up our bags and headed to stores in South Center to SHOP!!!! I was practically drooling at all that was before me...so many options and not enough time and never enough money for all the wants a woman NEEDS!! Our first stop was JoAnn Fabrics and it was a humongous store! I think we were there for over 2 hours. We bought so much fabric, it was fun! Ella came home with a beautiful new fleece blanket from her Nana! Then on to Tuesday Morning...a great store and they have fabulous prices. My mom was looking for items to redecorate her beautiful home with, afterall they just finished a big remodel and need a few new things. She did find some great things and then we were off to dinner. It was my parents 32nd anniversary...but my sister and I had my Mom...instead of her being with my Dad. Sorry Dad! We went to the Olive Garden and it was so yummy! By this time it was about 8pm and we still had more shopping to do and had to meet up with Darci's hubby to pick up her daughter before we headed back to my parents house for the night. We did sneak in a quick stop to Target...LOVE THAT STORE! I think we were in bed by midnight...maybe.
Thursday was a busy day decorating and more shopping. I did go and work out with my Mom at CURVES in the morning. It was fun to see where she goes and meet some of her "CURVES friends:". I found the most amazing deals at the Factory Outlet Mall. My mom offered to watch the kids so Darci and I went shopping, solo. That in and of itself was a treat. My best finds were at GAP...new jeans (love the CURVY LOW RISE) which I desperately needed. I'll just say that I brought 1 pair of jeans with me on the trip that I didn't want to bring home. It was a great self-esteem shopping experience...I was able to purchase 2 pairs of jeans,TWO sizes smaller than the pair I was wearing...and I don't care if they vanity size...my vanity needs all the help it can get!! I like to think that the working out is finally working...I felt like dancing! My next great find was the red pair (the red is a much deeper color than the picture implies) of pumps at BASS. The sticker price was $79.99 and I only paid $18.00 for them! YAHOO!!!! Of course I found a few things for Ella at Gymboree and The Children's Place. The Children's Place had great deals from $.99 to $2.99...and not only that...we had a coupon for an additional 15% off your purchase. I did hit the brand new Target in Denver on the way home from the airport and found the brown pair of pumps and a great dress.
Here are just a few of my favorite finds...

Friday we did a little more decorating then headed to Monroe to my sister's house to hang out. It was their 8th anniversary, which I crashed again. Sorry guys! We had a good dinner and hung out for a while. My dad came by after work and it was fun to watch the kids interact together. My parents headed out and I stayed the night. We decorated her house some...and I started to fade fast! I went to bed, had a long night with Ella but survived.
Sunday was church and I went to Stake Conference with my parents. It was great to see so many people I hadn't seen in YEARS! Most of them couldn't believe I had FOUR children, and finally a girl! Darci, Elan & kids came back to North Bend and stayed all afternoon and into the evening. It was time to say goodbye to them, I hate that! There were a few tears and lots of hugs and kisses to Ali from Cassidy and Myles. At least I know we'll see them in a few months! I had to ask my mom for her SPACE SAVER bags to pack up all my things. I came with one suitcase and ended up filling that plus a big duffle bag! Afterall...I did find a lot of great deals and Pa (my dad) sent back great goodies back for the boys.
Mount Si -view from my parents back yard
Cousins: Myles, Ella & Cassidy
Ella and her reflection
Darci, ME, mom
sisters and their girls
Pa, Nana & Ella (7:15am)
Ella barely waking up on the plane home
2 comments:
What a FUN trip! Man, can I come with you next time?!? Or wait... I'll just MEET you there! :) I have a girls trip coming up in May and I CAN'T WAIT!!! Looking forward to some GREAT shopping too. Thanks for all the good deal tips. I'm going to try those curvy low-rise jeans. I can't seem to find a good pair anywhere. BTW, you look GREAT!
Sounds like a REALLY FUN trip! You deserve it!
Thanks for the info on the clothes, I'm going to check out the jeans
Post a Comment