Ella and her cousin Brynn
In to mischief already!
We knew this weekend would be packed with fun things and many family members to visit with. As mentioned above, we stayed with Matt's sister Sarah and her family in Highland. They are so awesome and Matt calls their home my summer cottage! They are always so generous and hospitable. Matt's parents and younger brother were also coming and a sister, Margie, that lives in Provo. We missed you Ellen!!! Grandma B. was also there, so we had quite the "HALEY" crew there. Then...my sister, Candice, lives in Provo also with her hubby were also invited to visit in Highland and my little brother Tom came up from BYU-I for the weekend! Ah...it was so busy but so much fun!
I arrived with the boys around 5:30 Friday evening and Matt rolled in about 9:00 Friday night. I kept teasing the boys that I wanted to shop at a few stores before we arrived at the house and they kept saying, "NO!!". Morley was so cute and said that his stomach was all excited because he wanted to see his cousins so badly. I LOVE THAT!! We stayed up late talking and teasing. All the cousins had so much fun playing and I don't think they finally fell asleep until 10:30.
Saturday was the ever anticipated ward Easter Egg Hunt. However...we missed it. Matt brought our dog Rusty along...and he was accidentally let out by one of the kids and he ran off. Brayden (4), Keegan (6) and Emi (3) decided they would go looking for him without telling an adult what was going on. We did find them, kids & the dog, before too long and everyone was fine. A little "family meeting" took place to explain the proper procedure if that was to ever happen again. I was having a little PTSD during the whole situation-(Drew got lost 2 years ago at their house looking for Rusty. He was gone for over an hour and was brought back by the police!)
That afternoon Matt, Kent, Vince & Chris (all my brother-in-laws) went golfing for a few hours. The rest of us hung out at the house and just took it easy. I really like not "having" to do something. It is so great to just talk and tell stories and hang out! That night Matt went to the Utah Jazz NBA game with his brother Vince. Guess where his tickets were...ON THE 4th ROW!!! Kent always has amazing seats and was generous to share them. Matt wanted me to go with him, and I really wanted to...but I also wanted to stay and visit with Candice, Sarah and Tom. Maybe I'll have another opportunity in the future to attend a fun NBA game! Sarah, Chris and I went "shopping" for "easter goodies". Can you believe that I did not find any jelly beans at the 2 stores we went to? Okay...I guess Costco doesn't count, but Wal-Mart didn't have any!!! Oh well...the EASTER BUNNY did find other yummy things for the kids. We then colored eggs and put the kiddies to bed. The adults again stayed up too late...but that is the fun of being with family!
Sunday morning was crazy, as it always is. Church started at 9am...so were all dress and pressed by 8:45 in our Easter best. The kids looked pretty stinking cute, if I do say so myself! They were all dressed colored coordinated and matchy matchy...of course! The meeting were great. After church we took lots of pictures then started making the yummy dinner for everyone. Sarah and her mom did the majority of the cooking. While we waited for the ham to finish up...the Easter Bunny came for a visit and left the kids great things in the their baskets and a yard full of eggs to find! Ella crashed right before the hunt so she isn't in the pictures. We did our own little unveiling for her when she woke up. But seriously...she is not even a year yet, like she cares. But Mom does! Eggs were found, too much candy was eaten but the kids were very thrilled with their Easter thus far. Then it was time to eat...and was it ever amazing!
Then it was time to say our goodbyes to everyone leaving that night. Preston, Mary & Vince (Matt's parent's & brother) needed to head back to Rexburg, which is 3-4 hour drive. Candice and Chris headed back to Provo and my brother Tom headed back to Rexburg, ID as well. The rest of us watched the new movie ENCHANTED in the theatre room. It was a super cute movie and my boys even liked it! Then we had to say goodbye to Grandma B and Margie, Shane & Brynn (Matt's grandma, sister, brother-in-law & niece). We stayed the night, again!
Monday morning came and we didn't know quite when we were going to leave. First it was 10, then 11, and I think we rolled out around noon. A stop in Park City at the outlet mall took about an hour...then the long journey home. We pulled up to the house around 9:30 at night and we were all very happy to get out of the car.
If you just can't get enough of our pictures, click here and see a few more!
Happy Easter!
the cousins anticipating the "ok" to look for eggs
Morley, Drew & Brayden found their quota
Perry siblings: Candice (35 weeks prego), Ali & Tom
Haley siblings: Vince, Margie, Sarah & Matt
4 comments:
Way to be adventurous! I'm totally ready for a little escape myself!
It is so good to catch up with you guys! I love your hair color! you guys look great! I will email you my blog.
Looks like you guys had a great time!
We pulled off the side of the road once to let the boys pee & a man chased us down in his golf cart yelling at us that people could see & that his customers had issues with it.
Uh - WHAT customers? Where? I don't see anyone but YOU, Old Man. So I started yelling back - because I was preggo with Thor & you NEVER piss off a pregnant woman - "Did you NEVER take trips when you were a little boy? At least I didn't come and squat down next to the road! Gimme a break!"
And then we drove away.
happy Easter!
So cute! Love the kiddies in their green! DARLING!
And I haven't seen you as a brunette, so this was fun! LOVE it! What a babe! :)
Post a Comment