"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, December 26, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 



















We "slept in" until 7:23.  Matt and I tried to sleep longer but the kids were hollering and threatening to come upstairs if we didn't hurry up.  We wiped the sleep from our eyes and got to work stoking the fire, turning on the Christmas music and getting the cameras ready.  They were growing impatient quickly so we finally let them trample each other up the stairs to discover their stockings.  I love watching them open their gifts and thank the giver again and again after each one.  Even those who weren't with us in person were thanked out loud.  Gifts were generous and we had a very happy family!  Top on Ella's list this year was a bed for her doll Holly.  At first she didn't even notice it...and when she did she went crazy!  Matt built and finished it on Christmas Eve.  He left is unpainted so they could do it together.  Then Ella and I made the comforter and pillow for the bed.  She chose the fabric and designs she wanted.  It was all her idea to add the ruffle and fringe around each one.  Next we need to make the mattress.  Morley avoided my camera as much as possible.  I SCORED a great gift for the family from a friend in Sidney:  a Wii Rock Band set-drums, sticks, game, microphone and guitar for only $5!  The boys and Ella love it!  Matt and I haven't had our turn yet.  There was a lot of football watched and toys played with all day.  It was amazing and we are so thankful for our family and the gifts they sent to all of us!

We are especially thankful for the real reason for Christmas, the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is the best gift the world ever received!  Merry Christmas! Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...