"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, August 25, 2013

1st Day of School



6 boxes of tissues, 3 pencil boxes, 3 bottles of glue, 17 glue sticks, 4 scissors, 2 packages of note cards, 
8 dry erase markers, 4 highlighters, 60 pencils, 5 boxes of crayons, 2 boxes of markers, 4 pink erasers, 8 book covers, 21 spiral notebooks, 18 pocket folders, 4 pencil sharpeners, 2 3-ring binders, 
30 red/black pens and 40 mechanical pencils....


















Back to School.  In the middle of August. The second day of school it was 101 degrees.  I also went back to work full time at the school.  I can't believe summer is over and we are back to a crazy schedule!

Sunday night Matt gave each of the kids and I a Priesthood blessing.  This is a wonderful tradition, one that I remember clearly happening when I was growing up.  It was very special and emotional.  I asked for a blessing as well.

Only Brayden and Ella laid out their clothes the night before.  Drew said he was too big and he already knew what he was going to wear.  Morley didn't know and didn't care....or so he said.  We were all up early with excitement and anticipation for our big day.  We had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, packed 5 lunch boxes, took our traditional pictures and we hit the road.  I tried a rather "trendy" photo prop and it was cute.  I do wish I had a fun chalkboard....but I would need four so paper will work!  Morley was a little nervous for high school but also very excited.  In such a small school, there are only about 75 students for the entire 9-12 school.  He knows most of the upper class man already so I think it was just 1st day of school nerves. The rest of us headed to the Elem/JH school for our 1st day back in the groove. Took our cute pictures and started our day.  Ella has a new teacher, Mrs. Melton.  The is the long term sub while Mrs. Wrick is out on maternity leave. Ella's first week was awesome and she LOVES Mrs. Melton.  Brayden was so excited for school to have Miss Primm as his teacher, who is a first year teacher!  She is a rockstar and will do amazing things with her 4th graders!  I am excited to be working with her again!  Drew also has a first year teacher, Mr. Newkirk.  I am able sit in his classroom for a few hours a day and I am quite impressed with him.  Drew really likes him and looks forward to the 6th grade!  My new schedule at work with my special ed student only in the mornings and my new technology responsibilities all afternoon is a welcome change to last years challenges.  A few days a week we are going to try really hard to have a "cookie chat" after school to talk about our favorite parts of the day and anything else that springs from the opportunity.  It is fun and relaxing!

Besides feeling completely overwhelmed with being gone all day again and feeling the housework slipping through my fingers and my sewing orders piling up, it was a fantastic week.  Every night is booked with football practices or scout meetings or mutual or football games.  Morley also started seminary on Wednesday.  We were able to find him a ride from Sidney to Dalton from a classmates to travels to Leyton each morning.  It is such a HUGE blessing to have this option for him/us and for him to have the privileged of attending seminary with his peers each morning rather than trying to do a home-study course.  We are all so tired when we get up at 5:15 but we'll work it into our schedule.  I need to fit in my workout time somewhere in the early morning....it may have to end up being at 4:45 am.....


Football is going well for Morley.  Leyton High School plays 8 man football rather than the traditional 11 man due to the small school district population.  There are 25 players on the whole team and 7 of those are new freshman.  His position right now is Tight End.  They had their scrimmage on Friday and it was fun to watch and get excited for the upcoming season.  Every Friday night will be high school football games and every Saturday morning will be football games in Scottsbluff for Drew and Brayden.  I better take some "football for dummies" courses....
Go Warriors! 
Pin It!

3 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Happy new school year! Love your school photos. Very cute.

Sarah J. said...

Sounds like a very busy (but happy!) household! You're blazing the trails for those of us with younger kiddos. :)

Darci said...

I can't believe you are week two into school already. The new routine is always hard. Enjoy all the fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...