"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Saturday, August 17, 2013

the end of summer.....












Morley started high school football practice as soon as we arrived home from Utah.  This week he started two-a-day practices and received his equipment.  His first game is on Friday and we're excited to see the team together and be cheering him on.  Drew and Brayden also started football practices three days a week in Bridgeport.  Thankfully there are two other families in town that also have boys playing so we carpool!  YEAH!  It is going to be a BUSY BUSY BUSY fall with football games every Friday night and Saturday morning!

Chickens.  They are getting so big and SO loud!  Our one big white rooster was waking Matt and I up at 4 am with is crowing or whatever you want to call it.  Matt discovered that "when alive, a rooster can crow up to four times a minute."  When alive is the key word.  I had enough and Drew and Morley helped me move the "coop" over by the shop....at least 20 yards away from the house.  We made it a lot bigger and the chickens enjoyed "free ranging" while we made their new home.  Now, we need to thin out our roosters.  We are only keeping our cute brown/red feather footed rooster.  I sold one and found a home for the other three also.  YEAH!  Hopefully within the week we'll have the shed over here and we can have their home complete.  The hens should start laying eggs in a month or so!  Yum, farm fresh eggs!

Ella had a fun time with Mia at the Scottsbluff Zoo on Monday.  She packed her own lunch, picked out her outfit and woke up early just to make sure she was ready.  She had a great time enjoyed the splash park at the zoo too.  Tuesday we had a fantastic afternoon at the lake with Siler's and Gull's.  It was divine!  It was sad to think it was our last lake day of the summer and we will miss it terribly.  Wednesday we were busy with yard work, sewing, rental appointments and a ward BBQ at the park in Sidney.  It was fantastic and an a tremendous turnout from our ward!  We definitely need to do these type of activities at least quarterly.

Between dentist appointments, school supply shopping, organizing, and cleaning, summer ended. We did get a trampoline with the net for a mere $50.  Best find EVER!  A neighbor have us about 6 dozen ears of sweet corn!  Sometime this week I need to make our yummy corn salsa.  Our garden is producing the other ingredients for the salsa!  I picked 10 jalapeno peppers and this giant green pepper.  Morley is officially as tall as me. He has grown SO much in the last 6 months.  Just this summer alone his feet went from a size 9.5 to 11.  Say what?

 I am trying to wrap my head around going back to work full time.  I have truly cherished being home during the day but I am excited for a new adventure at the school.  With activities every night of the week, it will be a whirlwind but that's how it goes with a busy family and four active children.  Bring it on! Pin It!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I am just starting the after school activities with Kayson in soccer...hmmmm not so sure about it all!

Jenni Call said...

Corn, roosters, football, SCHOOL?! You are one busy family. Can't wait to hear all about your next adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...